Co-Vid19 - how u getting on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Co-Vid19 - how u getting on?

Time of posting is March 16th 2020 and WOW- this thing seems to be getting serious

Or is it just me?

But cant go to pubs, restaurants, theres, and no social interaction
    Borders are closing, and Airlines laying off employees left right and centre
    Financial markets crashing

Thousands dead in Italy, and France n Germany getting worse. Its frightening.

Apocalypse Now?

Luckily its just wife and I in our home, although my wife works in retail and has to go in- which worries me.

I can pretty much work from home 80% of the time at least, and my Company is encouraging home working

We have a probably 3 weeks worth of supplies (Only 2 of us)

How you guys n girls coping- and am I too paranoid?
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Follow the money bud.

Economic collapse is on the horizon and unlike 2008, it won't be blamed on the banks (even though it's always their fault for various reasons) it will be blamed on this 'virus'.

A virus which has been in the making at least back in Oct 2019 (YouTube Event 201). What was going on in China just before this 'virus'? Huge scale protests. Protests that no matter what the Govt did, tear gassing and other excessive force, it did not stop people protesting. This virus is very handy as the place is now a ghost time and all is forgotten.

More people die of "INSERT ANYTHING HERE" than this virus yet the reaction, fueled by the media, is waaaay over the top.

Based on the job that I do, I go up and down the country and meet many people - I have asked everyone and anyone, strangers in supermarkets even - Do you know anyone who has it? The answer is always no. It only seems to exist on TV.

Now don't get me wrong, the ramifications of this thing are real and that's the sad part. The poor are going to get hit hard and I really hope that when this finally blows over, people understand that living to your means and being material orientated puts you at risk for the next time something like this happens.

How long will this last? Well I'd say based on this Law which was passed on the 10th of Feb 2020 - http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2.../contents/made I'd say we've got two years of this nonsense.

Give that document a read, especially sections 13, 14 and 15. These powers are only what the Govt could have dreamed of but this virus is a great excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeKayEcks View Post
      I have asked everyone and anyone, strangers in supermarkets even - Do you know anyone who has it? The answer is always no. It only seems to exist on TV.
      That is a slant on the whole situation- and you could well be right. Conspiracy theories abound

Do I know anyone- Yes, a good friends of mine brother in law is in an induced coma in a Dartford hospital- 48 years old
      His wife is also severely il 52 yrs old- both diagnosed as Coronavirus 3 weeks ago

My Grandaughter has had the last week off school with something that seems Coronavirus like (Fever, cough etc) and whole family is self isolating

Lets be honest, nature is not discriminatory, and something like this was always gonna hit the human race- they will be calling Humans the Dinosaurs next

sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Sorry Chris, I don't come on here too often so apologies for the delay.

How are both those people now and did they have any pre-existing conditions? Do you know how they were tested for the virus?

Comment

Originally posted by DeeKayEcks View Post
          Sorry Chris, I don't come on here too often so apologies for the delay.

How are both those people now and did they have any pre-existing conditions? Do you know how they were tested for the virus?
          No Worries. Quite a lot of members dont come on here much now days. LOL. I remember the days of 200+ on at a time...…...

Anyways, I am assuming both the people, 1 in a coma, in Dartford must be OK. My colleague hasn't mentioned them the last couple weeks. The fella was close to death I know that. Assume he got over it. Will ask him next tine I speak in next couple days. They were tested upon admittance to hospital with respiratory problems at start of pandemic

My neighbour was sent to a Care home after coming out of hospital (Over 90 and she shrugged Corona off :-) - so that will be up for sale soon

Another work colleague of mine had coughing, no temperature (Due to taking loadsa paracetamol) breathlessness, headaches and nausea. They came round to test him, and he passed. He started feeling worse then they told him the test for Covid has a %30 failure rate. He took a week off work- came back yestday as it happens- and now he seems much better. Still coughs when he is on the phone though

He has been told to isolate and work from home, yet his wife who works in the NHS has to go to work, because he passed the test- how that work???
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Hi, I am new to this forum so hello to everyone. Again, another national lockdown and it is not getting better for us. A new virus strain just showed up and it makes everything harder.

My barber shop was closed since last week so I am finding an alternative way to earn money.

Stay safe everyone!

Comment

I'm pretty sick of the lockdowns now at this point, though I've been taking the advice seriously and don't think the virus is 'a hoax' or anything crazy. But I think now, we've given lockdowns a good shot a few times and yeah they work while we're doing them... but now it's time for businesses to open and those of us who are 'low risk' enough to go back to normality in a new safe and distanced way.

It's been a year now. I think we can all deal with it so long as we know there's light at the end of the tunnel. But if it's going to keep being extended and feel like it'll be like this indefinitely, then I fear for the mental health of us all in the long run.

Hope you are all coping as well as possible and staying busy. Good times to get out in the garage and get some DS3 maintenance done to stay busy!

Comment

It was a worse time ever and still COVID-19 have takes many lives in different countries, I also stuck at home, and nothing have to do, just online shopping was running that time, and I am a fashion addicted and always curious about my beauty and hair, so I bought many things from different places, and last time I bought my ponytail hair through Irresistible Me coupons, it's were really amazing, that's the way I passed my time.

Comment

I think that now we are already used to covid, unfortunately. Of course, I really want to return to the old world, but I'm afraid that this is likely to happen soon. I try to look for the pros. During lockdown, I did a good job of learning about CBD and various additives, from CBD gummies to CBD cream. In general, I've spent this time fruitfully, taking care of myself, skin and health.

Comment

For the time being Pandemic reduced after august 2021 and now new confirmed cases of COVID-19 are appearing throughout a broad range of the United States, possibly indicating the start of the fifth wave of infections and deaths, that's the reason everyone getting scared again because of this I skipped my on-campus studies and took an online course from Eduson Academy certification to prevent infection and learning online is more flexible than on-campus studies.

Comment

Tangie Sunrise Delta 8 Vape Cartridges for an energy boost in the morning. This cart gives you just the right amount of flavor and high to get your day off to a great start. Our Tangie Sunrise cart is ideal whether you need some energy for a workday or a holiday. Tangie Sunrise combines the high of Delta 8 THC with the joy of waking up on a lovely day to give you that sensation. This is one of the best vart flavors and a winner.

Comment

If we know about the Delta 8 THC-O In Oak Ridge. Its taste and flavor are good for others. it has loosen up your muscles within no time. and give relaxation and boost your energy.

Comment

Working...
                        X