Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ad Blue Pump Issue

Hi All,

First post for me here. I have a 2014 DS3 Sport.

The service light came on the other day, I had it read and they came back with a Ad blue pump fault, basically the pump needs changing which unfortunately has to be replaced with the tank, well so I'm told.

Just rang Citron parts and the price is ?1100 + Labour to replace the part, I could not believe it. Has any one else had this problem? The car itself is running fine, which begs the question, does this pump have to be replaced, presume so as the MOT will fail with the service light on.

Thanks again

Billy

If your car is running fine, maybe try to top up the AdBlue if there is room to do so in the tank to see if it would reset something and make the fault go away?

But, if that's not applicable... then I would first try to obtain the pump and tank from a DS3 in a scrap yard near you (and keep calling around until you get a sensible price), maybe ask Citroen to send you details of all the parts required (pretending you want to see before you pay for the work, but really so you can ask for the right parts at the scrap yard) then have a mechanic fit it for you much cheaper.

OR, find one of those mechanics / garages that to DPF deletes and see if they can find some way to remove that part of the system altogether if it's tecnically possible.

Comment

Working...
    X