• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel economy

Dear agony aunt

I've got a D Sport plus (thp155) and i'm finding the fuel
    economy is not what I expected. When will I grow out
    of planting my foot on the accelerator and shouting
    yee-haw at every pull away? I've had the car for 3 weeks.
    Please help.

adam aka 'lead foot'.

ps seriously what mpg are you guys getting?

*sigh*

Ignore the 'official figures' in the brochure as they are not representative of real world driving, in fact the VCA fuel book actually states;

Because of the need to maintain strict comparability of results achieved by the standard tests they cannot be fully representative of real-life driving conditions. Firstly, it is obviously not practicable to test each individual new car; thus only one production car is tested as being representative of the model and may therefore produce a better or worse result than another similar vehicle. Secondly, there are infinite variations in driving styles and in road, car and weather conditions, all of which can have bearing on the results achieved. For those reasons the fuel consumption achieved on the road is unlikely to be the same as the official test result. The purpose of the official fuel consumption test is to provide comparative data on the relative fuel consumption of different cars rather than to provide an estimate of average on the road fuel economy.

There are already a few thread about MPG, check out the search box in the top right.
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by cornwall7nd View Post
      I've got a D Sport plus (thp155) and i'm finding the fuel
      economy is not what I expected. When will I grow out
      of planting my foot on the accelerator and shouting
      yee-haw at every pull away? I've had the car for 3 weeks.
      Please help.

adam aka 'lead foot'.
      And Your Looking For Economy ? Why Buy A THP ?

And It's Only 3 Weeks, The Engine Gets Better Economy The More You Drive It.

Don't Worry, Your THP Won't Be Costing You Much In Fuel When It Goes BOOM And It's Sitting In The Garage For Months...

Comment

I get about 40mpg.
        May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
        October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
        Instagram @adamds3

Comment

I get about 35mpg, with some 'mixed' driving

Comment

Cheers guys

I had a run from cornwall to essex and got about 50mpg. That was 'mixed' driving, I found
            that 3000rpm in sixth equated to about 92mph.

Have a good one.

Comment

43 mpg atm... although if i drive inline with the suggesting gear change indicator i would get 64...... driving to and from work with a light foot but then undo the weeks fuel efficiency with too much rat running around the town with, like you, a lead foot at weekend lol

Comment

I got 39.1 on the way back from Poole to Torquay today, about 90 odd miles, and that was racing an '05 reg 530d Sport from Bridport to Axminster. He couldn't pass me! Thats driving one extreme to the other. I'm happy with that.

Comment

Mine's averaged 41 mpg over the last 6k miles - but it's very dependent on how you drive it. Mid-40's is easily achievable if you can resist red-lining it (which of course you can't, because that's why you bought a THP instead of a boring diesel...)

(Lights blue touch-paper and retreats to a safe distance)

Comment

Working...
                  X