Windscreen Insurance Excess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windscreen Insurance Excess

Just had my insurance renewal forms through and whilst reading through them I noticed that as well as the £75 excess for windscreen replacement there is now a £25 excess for windscreen repair. Are all insurance companies charging an excess for repairs now? I'm with Admiral at the moment as they were the best quote with all the things I wanted from my car insurance, the renewal premium is still quite reasonable and I would probably not have bothered to look around, but as I've still got 3 weeks before it's due I'm going to see if I can get a better deal. So if such a thing exists can anyone recommend an insurance company that doesn't rip you off left, right & center?
    DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

im with Bell (think they are the same company as Admiral) and only found out about the £25 and £75 excess charges the other day when i got a chip repaired. You also have to use National windscreens for the repair or they will only give you £25 towards the whole cost. Luckly i noticed this before i went to autoglass..
    Still, they did a good job and came to me the next day
    C2 GT #2003

LIFE HAS RULES & SO DO THESE FORUMS.... DS3Club rules: Click Here

Comment

I've got the same with Admiral but at 183.00 fully comp. + protected no claims + legal cover, I can't complain. I've never had a chip repaired but did have to get a C5 screen changed after it cracked across the bottom left to right, and those screens are not cheap. What is the is the cost of a chip repair outside of insurance.?

Comment

We're with tesco and we don't pay a windscreen repair excess, we were with admiral but they were trying to put ours up loads, so we moved and got ours for less than we've ever had it.
        Black Limited Edition 1.6 Hdi

Comment

You certainly need to shop around, I had three different quotes from Admiral with a sixty pounds variation after getting two quotes direct from them (over several days) and two from comparison sites, the same applies to other companies.

Comment

Working...
          X