Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i still class myself and family as lucky to be alive !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i still class myself and family as lucky to be alive !!

A few years back i went to visit my parents in newcastle with my wife and daughter, my brother was moving to america so we arranged for the whole family to go for a nice farewell meal, it was a kind of going away weekend. We had a nice meal and a great night. While i was driving home my wheel started squeeking so pulled over and had a quick look but couldnt see anything as it was pitch black so i continued to my parents and the noise soon stopped, i thought my brakes were sticking.
    The following day me and my wife and 6 yr old daughter (at the time) drove from newcastle back to sheffield down the A1/M1 and as i neared home i got the same noise from my wheel so i drove to the local tyre shop and asked him to have a look.He jacked the car up and instantly said the words "your wheel bearing has gone" quickly followed by the words "no your bloody wheel nuts have gone"
    I was gob smacked and so was he when i told him id driven 160 miles in the last 2 hours, someone had obviously tried to nick my wheels the previous night and they had taken every wheel nut out apart from the locking nut !
    I drove all the way home with 1 nut holding each wheel on, He told me had one come off the car would have just buried into the mororway or filpped to oblivion !!!!
    The guy in the garage took photos and called the police who got in touch with the restaurant and checked there cctv cameras from the previous night but nothing could be proven from the footage as the guy milling around wasnt seen near my car or anyone elses .
    I always make a point now of having a look at my wheels before i go anywhere .
    Last edited by tony30uk; 11-10-2010, 09:29.
    anyone seen my leather seats?

Originally posted by tony30uk View Post
    I always make a point now of having a look at my wheels before i go anywhere .
    ... and especially when you go to Newcastle ...

(No offence to our Geordie friends on here)

Comment

Christ Tony, that's terrifying!

I guess those locking nuts saved your lives.
      1.6 Vti White edition

Comment

There This Happened To A School In My Area Where Some Kids In 6th Form Did It To Another Kid As A Joke...

They Didn't Know He Was Off To Cornwall Striaght After School And His Car Flipped On The South-Bound M5 Killing Him + 2 Others...

Tony You Are Very Lucky Indeed...

Comment

Jaysus fella, obviously glad it got noticed but as you said, could've been nasty. Reminds me of that movie 'Changing Lanes' where something like that happens to one of the main characters.

I'm assuming this shouldn't be an issue for the DS3, unless the pilferer's have the lock thingy for the nuts that was supplied with the car. But then again, I know NOWT about cars, so I could be completely wrong here.

Comment

Originally posted by irishRob View Post
            Jaysus fella, obviously glad it got noticed but as you said, could've been nasty. Reminds me of that movie 'Changing Lanes' where something like that happens to one of the main characters.

I'm assuming this shouldn't be an issue for the DS3, unless the pilferer's have the lock thingy for the nuts that was supplied with the car. But then again, I know NOWT about cars, so I could be completely wrong here.
            they can still get the other 3 nuts out with a normal brace which is what happened in my case leaving just 1 nut on each wheel
            anyone seen my leather seats?

Comment

Working...
            X