vodafone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vodafone

just thought i would enlighten everyone with this story. I started with vodafone 4 years ago at my mum address which had full covergae of 3g (they check before giving you contract) I moved close after to a remote part of the world called scotland jokes. but this new town was near woods and never got a signal. basically kicked up a fuss and managed to get a free sure signal(worth £50) which gives me a full 3 signal.

secondly my partner went with vodafone and signed up to vodafone vip, and within 3 month managed to win us vip t in the park tickets, which included tents that where already made up, own toilets, access to chargers and showers. Also a pass for the car parking. This was £800

Lastly i smashed my phone in october, took out a new early bird contract with the,, chose the galaxy note 2 (best phone out imo) and was meant to get a 3 month test drive. I phoned up in january too see why i was getting charged. He said dont worry we will remiburst you if you do. He said because i added an extra 1gb of date it knocked it off, i then asked how much my contract was as i forgot. The was a little humming and hawing and said he will need to speak to a managed. 10 mins later he came back and said, well between me, my mnaager and sales team theirs nothing we can do. I replied "what do you mean" he said some one has giving you a 100 percent discount on your line rental and cant change

So i have a £600 phone (at the time) free mins, texts and 1gb of data all for free for 2 years (dont know if i will get it after that) so im saving £42 a month

so would recommend vodafone :P

Blimey! You lucky git
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

i know. some good fortune. but in a way a good thing as i was able to upgrade to the thp which otherwise i wouldnt have.

Comment

Originally posted by walk_86 View Post
        i know. some good fortune. but in a way a good thing as i was able to upgrade to the thp which otherwise i wouldnt have.
        Well that's always a good thing, I love mine
        - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
        - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

I think there is loads of exclusive 'offers' any provider will sell you. The classic 'tell them you are leaving line' and see what they pull out of the bag always seems to get people excited.

My Dad worked for Vodafone for about 6 years, I stayed with O2. Happy with signal in my area and my deal after yeeeeeeeearssss. I have a knack of breaking technology and my HTC Sensation XL died a slow and painful death towards the end of last year. Called 02, and even with 3rd party repair work (for another thing I broke), no warranty or insurance on my phone they still honored a replacement handset, swapped in a day via courier. I know it was a faulty handset so this is normal, but I was surprised how quick and hassle free it was.

Mind you. I haven't actually bought a handset for 10+ years, so never really toyed with O2 to see what they can offer me. No bill for 2 years was good though.
          My DS3R3... nearly....
          New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Great result with Vodafone there ! I haven't tried it with phone contracts but in the past have had deals out of Virgin (for Broadband) and Sky TV (and broadband) when I said I was going to cancel. It's always worth trying around renewal time
            sigpic

Comment

yeah certainly was. £42 beeter off a month and for whatever reason they cant change it., presume they would need my permission to get it back on a full plan, but yeah one month i will try my hardest to use 1 short of a million texts to get my worth the tickets were great aswell. Its amazing what you can actually achieve if your good on a phone. would swap all off it to get my car tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                Great result with Vodafone there ! I haven't tried it with phone contracts but in the past have had deals out of Virgin (for Broadband) and Sky TV (and broadband) when I said I was going to cancel. It's always worth trying around renewal time
                yeah i know what you mean. shows how much they can scam you. They can give you things alot cheaper.

saying that i should try a new prefession (del boy) and should have went for the yellow thp as i get my sky half price aswell friends and family, when i dont know anyone that works their. amazing what you can get if you bide your time..

Comment

When I used to text, I think my average outgoing a month was 1500

Message count is ridiculous now I use whatsapp (but better because its free) In the last 76 days (since my new handset) incoming is 25332/outgoing 18438.
                  My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Originally posted by wtf View Post
                    message count is ridiculous now i use whatsapp (but better because its free) in the last 76 days (since my new handset) incoming is 25332/outgoing 18438.
                    o . O
                    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

jeeso wtf.. thats alot. you must have too much time on your hands

Comment

Not really! If I did have more free time it would be higher I'm sure....
                        My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
                          If I did have more free time it would be higher I'm sure....
                          Are you dying?!
                          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Think you have an addiction their

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                              Are you dying?!
                              I could be. I do feel terrible. But Google didn't tell me I was or had anything bad, so I MUST be ok.

Originally posted by walk_86 View Post
                              Think you have an addiction their
                              Pffft, totally cope fine without my phone...... -_-
                              My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Working...
                              X