broadband reviews likes/dislikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broadband reviews likes/dislikes

hi guys im thinking of changing my net provider and moving over to bt infinity. and was just wondering if any1 has it allready n what sort of service they`re getting. as i`ve been stuck on 2meg for the last 4 years and is tired of living in the stoneage.
    e-hdi 90 dsytle all white with ashera's and lonely citroen graphic's and club decals sigpic NCC-1701-C THE ENTERPRISE being rehomed
    Soon to have a Prestige 130 SS in arctic steel metallic with emerald mettalic roof and grey aphrodite wheels

2meg!!!

Lucky you I'm in the middle of nowhere on the end of a long piece of wet string!

JB

Comment

I have Sky Broadband, 20mb although like all providers you don't actually get that, it is fast enough to stream tv/films though and downloads are a doddle
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbob View Post
        2meg!!!

Lucky you I'm in the middle of nowhere on the end of a long piece of wet string!

JB
        jb try drying the string out you might get a faster speed lol
        e-hdi 90 dsytle all white with ashera's and lonely citroen graphic's and club decals sigpic NCC-1701-C THE ENTERPRISE being rehomed
        Soon to have a Prestige 130 SS in arctic steel metallic with emerald mettalic roof and grey aphrodite wheels

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
          I have Sky Broadband, 20mb although like all providers you don't actually get that, it is fast enough to stream tv/films though and downloads are a doddle
          its gonna be for mostly gaming as my boys a computer online gaming geek n i do the occasional downloading then i got him moaning that its too slow

just did a speed check im getting 1.6meg down and 0.3meg up me m8 round corner on sky n only gets 8meg i just hope this superfast fibre optics all its advertised to be

Comment

Talk talk fibre - 70Mb down 40Mb up.

Couple of issues with a few of the routers I've had and the fact their technical supports grasp of English is poor, no complaints.
            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
              Talk talk fibre - 70Mb down 40Mb up.

Couple of issues with a few of the routers I've had and the fact their technical supports grasp of English is poor, no complaints.
              yeah im with talktalk/aol now they offered me that at the same price as bt but had to take there line rental. but if i stay at bt im gonna save 40 quid a year on that alone

also agree with you on their customer support not the brightest of lights on the tree

Comment

I'm with virgin 60 meg broadband and full V.I.P tv package no complaints from this guy :eek:
                If in Doubt FLAT OUT!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BEEFERS View Post
                  I'm with virgin 60 meg broadband and full V.I.P tv package no complaints from this guy :eek:
                  i would av gone for virgin but its not available in my area but it is round the corner and im not gonna move lol

Comment

O2 Broadband here 16Mb DSL (11Mb in actuality). Works well enough but alas O2 have sold off to Sky so as I've had bad tales of them and there is no Sky Fibre around here we'll be looking to move to BT Infinity - have heard there may be some latency isues but.....
                    Daron Brewood

DS3 Sport Plus - 'Yellow Hawk'
                    CEO smartphonegurus.com
                    Phone: HTC One, Nokia Lumia 920 / 925
                    Cars:
                    Mark II Cortina > Hillman Avenger > Datsun 120Y > Morris Ital > BL Maestro > Hyundai coupé > Rover 25 > MG ZR > Peugeot 307CC > 207 > 207CC > Citroen DS3 Sport+

Comment

I am with BT and have the Infinity but i wont go down the route of telling you about the problems i have had, it would scare the crap outta ya mate - now its sorted its ok but to be honest i couldnt justify paying what i am knowing its not really that much faster than what i was getting when i was with TalkTalk...
                      The Truth is Out There !

Comment

Ive got BT Infinity and its pretty good- no problems whatsoever
                        Footie with BT Vision soon too
                        sigpic
                        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by billy smith View Post
                          i would av gone for virgin but its not available in my area but it is round the corner and im not gonna move lol
                          Apparently billy I've heard that if you Send Virgin an Email stating that you cant get virgin but the peeps round the corner have it they will send an engineer round at a time that suits you and they will see if its possible to do a dig and set a line for your street/area
                          If in Doubt FLAT OUT!!!!!!!!

Comment

beefers tried that as there was a group of my neighbours that also wanted it but the reply we got from virgin was that it would cost too much to dig up the street for a few houses quite pathetic really as id recon that the whole neighbourhood would av signed up thats 100+ people lol

Comment

Virgins pricey for what it is/claims
                              sigpic
                              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                              X