No announcement yet.

DS3 at last!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

god knows. you would honestly think the guy who done it was possessed or something. one thing i know he didnt give a toss about the paintwork or galvanized steel, he decided to mess with.
    Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

I think he wanted to ensure they wouldn't fall off. Slight overkill I think though.

Joking aside, please let everyone know the outcome?
      Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
      Take a pride in your ride
      @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

I doubt the WRC has that many screw attaching the mud flaps
        sigpic

Comment

Thing is about not wanting them to fall off- sometimes you do
          If (Like me) you drive over a ridge of some sort (Kerb) and its a bit higher than first thought, if the mudflaps are attached with panel type clips (As my first set were by Ford Lifestyle) then all that happens is they become dislodged, and you reset them. Self tappers would rip either the bodywork, or mudflap.
          Always thought it was funny when people said they screwd theirs in
          Will have a look at my current ones to see how theyre fixed (done by Citroen)
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Official Citroen mudflaps are either secured by a plastic plug into the wheel arch liner and a screw underneath onto the metal strip where you jack the car (front) or self tappers on the back into the plastic bumper and wheel arch liner (rear)
            sigpic

Comment

Plastic plug (Panel pins I call them) are best. They come away if needed preventing car damage
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

So nearly 8 per flap ! That's a lot of holes and most of them unnecessary. I hope they have apologised and get this sorted to your satisfaction.

Comment

Originally posted by RabidRacoon28 View Post
                  I think he wanted to ensure they wouldn't fall off. Slight overkill I think though.

Joking aside, please let everyone know the outcome?
                  Dealer has the car back now and footing all costs to repair the damage plus a free service. Have a DS4 dstyle at present with an ESG gearbox. Will let you guys know when my DS3 is back in my hands again.

Sent from my GT-I9100
                  Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Nice one well done
                    sigpic

Comment

Quite right they should keep you happy after ballsing up fitting the mudflaps
                      I would probly balls it up- thats why Id pay them to do a good job
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Toxic View Post
                        Dealer has the car back now and footing all costs to repair the damage plus a free service. Have a DS4 dstyle at present with an ESG gearbox. Will let you guys know when my DS3 is back in my hands again.
                        Pleased to hear they did the right thing and hope it all turns out satisfactory for you.

Comment

Working...
                        X