Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 'other half' emergency panic I have no idea what to get her Xmas present thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 'other half' emergency panic I have no idea what to get her Xmas present thread!

As you guys all know we are quickly approaching the 'silly season' and will have to start thinking about what to get the missus for Christmas.

Now being a man I am completely unsuited to the task, my brain is not geared for deciding on the right 'girly' things and without some help I will end up buying my girlfriend something like a pair of wipers or a socket set... which probably won't go down well!

So I am asking for help in picking some girly things that would make a nice present from my fellow forum members, maybe we can use this thread to help other manly men pick something that will score super brownie points with their other halves! :star:

Any suggestions??
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Cookie making kit?
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Behave.......

Comment

I've done quite well over the last few years... Last year was a laptop as she punched her old one in frustration and killed it. Year before was ipod shuffle and few little bits. Ipod touch one year, and iphone another year. Lots of tech! She isn't normally into that but seems to have worked well.

I must say I'm very lucky. Clothes and not stupidly fancy ones work, she only likes a couple of purfumes, she's not into 'smellies' as such.

Plus, she always buys me AWESOME things! Lego Tower Bridge for example, an amazingly nice ukulele, Rocksmith etc.

How about concert tickets? Or theatre? Spa break? Nice weekend break away (that way you get a break too!)
        2015 DS3 DSport Plus 1.6 165thp - Evil Edition Mk2 - 176bhp

Comment

Originally posted by Wes79 View Post
          I've done quite well over the last few years... Last year was a laptop as she punched her old one in frustration and killed it. Year before was ipod shuffle and few little bits. Ipod touch one year, and iphone another year. Lots of tech! She isn't normally into that but seems to have worked well.

I must say I'm very lucky. Clothes and not stupidly fancy ones work, she only likes a couple of purfumes, she's not into 'smellies' as such.

Plus, she always buys me AWESOME things! Lego Tower Bridge for example, an amazingly nice ukulele, Rocksmith etc.

How about concert tickets? Or theatre? Nice weekend break away (that way you get a break too!)
          If ever you're looking for a new missus Wes, I look great in a dress...
          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
            I'll at least need some pics of this....

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post

Hmm....

Comment

Biggie - buy her some bacon.
                (Back on thread)

JB

Comment

Thanks Bigfeet

I guess it depends on budget. Or if she likes a 'main' present or lots of smaller things? A spa break could be nice if shes always no her feet and rushing around. I must say I went on my anniversary to one at the place we got married. I will be going back! So relaxing even for a guy!

Comment

Its not just men who struggle to think of gifts for their wives/girlfriends, us "ladies in comfortable shoes" have trouble too - I used to struggle to come up with gift ideas for mine till she took up brewing - now there seems to be no end of gadgets and widgets that she needs - and best of all I "have" to sample all the beer she brews (such a hardship) - perhaps try to persuade your other halves to take up brewing?? (its traditionally a female craft after all! - http://www.theatlantic.com/business/...circle/281338/)

Comment

Originally posted by idgiecat View Post
                      "ladies in comfortable shoes"
                      I like that Not heard that phrase before.

JB

Comment

Me neither
                        Last edited by lfcrule1972; 28-11-2013, 12:25. Reason: The shame I have caused my Dad :o(
                        sigpic

Comment

Okay, so her best mate suggested Hair Straighteners but this opens up a new minefield of which ones to get her!

Think it's time I became a Jehovah witness....

Comment

GHD's mate, they always go down a treat, bit more expensive than the Chavvy ones but you don't want to look cheap do you ?
                            Last edited by lfcrule1972; 28-11-2013, 11:41.
                            sigpic

Comment

^ Noted, cheers!

Comment

Working...
                              X