Side chrome strips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side chrome strips

Washed my DS3 today, looks great, but the side chrome strips still look muggy as if they need a good polish to bring out the shine. Tried to remove the grub and use good old fashioned elbow grease but still looking for perfection. Any advice on what to use on the chrome to shine them up and how to do it?
    Cheers

Good old Autoglym Super Resin Polish will do the trick my friend. Quick wipe on, leave for a minute, buff off with a clean dry microfibre cloth. Hey presto.

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk
    Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
    Take a pride in your ride
    @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

If you have some tar, or spots that dont seem to come off, I swear by the Autoglym Intensive Tar and adhesive remover
      Best product they do, my personal view
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

I would go with Andy on his tip but I found my claybar worked a treat.
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I had this problem a few weeks ago when washing the car, i got down to look why the chrome strips looked like they were starting to go really manky (this was after it was washed) looked a little like alloy when it starts to oxidize, I rubbed it with some wax/polish and they did buff up (one side alot worse than the other) keeping my eye on them as i have noticed it does start to come back if its not kept on top of ;(
          The Truth is Out There !

Comment

Originally posted by Angel-Eyes View Post
            I had this problem a few weeks ago when washing the car, i got down to look why the chrome strips looked like they were starting to go really manky (this was after it was washed) looked a little like alloy when it starts to oxidize, I rubbed it with some wax/polish and they did buff up (one side alot worse than the other) keeping my eye on them as i have noticed it does start to come back if its not kept on top of ;(
            This is very good for the baguettes

http://www.planetpolish.com/index.ph...products_id=27

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk
            Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
            Take a pride in your ride
            @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

I've just ordered some. Thanks for the advice guys! I wanna see my face in those chrome baguettes!!!

Comment

Working...
              X