Looking for a good Citroen garage in north London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a good Citroen garage in north London

Hey all, My DS3 is due it's second service (25K) and i'm looking for a good garage in reach from Chingford (E4).
    Given that the closest to me is around 10 miles in either direction i'm after a good one. (Does the job properly without cutting corners).
    Wanting to avoid going further into London given the roadworks; so thinking Hoddeston or Harlow, but both have poor reviews :confused:

Anyone know the garages in the area and can recommend a good one?

Update (also see post #10) - Would recommend Citroen Romford for North London owners 4/5
    Last edited by MadMan0; 13-08-2014, 15:55.

Now my final year project and exams are done I've managed to stop by the Citroen garage in Romford, Essex yesterday; pretty busy there but very polite people and so far a good experience, so I’ve book the car for its 2nd service and hopefully some warranty work also. Review pending :-)

Comment

Always nice to find a good garage!

Puts faith into others that they are out there!
      My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Try and use one thats owned by Citroen Retail group
        They are few and far between tho
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by MadMan0 View Post
          Now my final year project and exams are done I've managed to stop by the Citroen garage in Romford, Essex yesterday; pretty busy there but very polite people and so far a good experience, so I’ve book the car for its 2nd service and hopefully some warranty work also. Review pending :-)
          Update:
          Dropped my car off this morning, I was quickly notified that my locking wheel nut key had also arrived without issues ready for the service.
          No means of transport had been provided so it has been a 2 hour (multiple) bus journey home; However, they were again very polite and gave me an approximate time that it will be ready. Dropped it off at 9:00am, I was told to should be ready by 15-16:00 today. Not bad considering it had a short list of faults (5-6)to be repaired under warranty.
          Already received a phone call from them for further info regarding one of the faults. So a positive start showing that communication from the garage is good.
          Will wait and see how things turn out. :-)

Further Update:
          Call at 4pm - car will be ready hopefully by Friday... I thought it might take a few days :-/ Will have to postpone my trip up north to see Jamie until next week by the sounds of things.
          Last edited by MadMan0; 02-06-2014, 17:04.

Comment

Picked the car up today, will have to take it back for the remaining work once the new parts arrive.
            Sadly, things aren't 100% yet and i'm not happy with it. However, the people at Citroen Romford have remained calm and polite saying they will try to resolve the both the New and previous issues when I take it back. I'll save posting any angry messages or further details of the new problems until it's all resolved because they have been quite good so far despite the mishaps... :-)

Comment

Oh sorry to hear, are there many issues still to resolve then ?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                Oh sorry to hear, are there many issues still to resolve then ?
                Yeah, I had quite a list of faults; the garage has done well go far.
                Radio Bluetooth music and USB didn't work, they will replace the radio and also found a fault with the USB plug it's self. So I need to wait for parts.
                Also waiting for a new rear window due to a heater fault.
                Can't just think of the 4th item now, but it will need the bonnet repaired due to damage attained while at the garage; but they have already said they will repair this when I take it back :-)

Update 13/6/14
                Still waiting for the car to be finished :-( expected it to take a while but without much info from the garage either it's not looking so hopeful...
                Last edited by MadMan0; 13-06-2014, 15:20.

Comment

Still ongoing :-/ Rang the garage yesterday and the person i've been dealing with has gone on holiday; no one else knows anything about my car and they have no record of it that they can find.... Almost a exact match to what happened last time at another Citroen garage just next door to CUK headquarters... However, still a better service compared to last time... no Estimated date for it to be finished yet though :-(

How long has warranty work taken anyone here in the past?

Update:
                  Phone call from the Garage to say that the work has finally been approved and now just waiting on parts 7th-14th July. Hopefully everything will be sorted by the end of July!
                  Last edited by MadMan0; 21-07-2014, 08:51.

Comment

Almost there!

As with all work there will be pros and cons...
                    I went to Citroen Romford for my cars second service and some repairs (Under warranty). Overall I can recommend this garage for service and warranty work with a rating of maybe 4/5.
                    The staff are varied and I would like to recommend that if you go there for any work that you get in touch with an employee called "Ben" who has been superb.

Pros:
                    1. Polite and calm staff
                    2. Great communication - rang when they said they would (90% of the time) even if they had nothing new to say.
                    3. Took time with each customer to ensure everything was covered/explained
                    4. Offered flexibility regarding the work - allowed to wait for the parts to be delivered and fitted, car to be picked up again while they wait for something else etc. (hand the car back between jobs, i.e. service and warranty work)
                    5. Didn't attempt to rip me off on anything :-D
                    6. Fair prices and labour charges (service & parts)
                    7. Willing to call back if you couldn't get through to the person who is handling your car
                    8. Your given a "contact" within the service department who can handle everything rather than having to speak to someone new each time.

Cons:
                    1. Avoid the valeting/car wash - Sadly, my car was damaged during this wash after the service; the damage was minor and the garage did agree, without any hassle, to repair the damage free of charge. However, even after attempts to repair it the damage is still present; although hardly noticeable. Wasn't very clean either :-/ Plenty of light scratches and swirl marks.
                    2. Remove any items left in the vehicle before it goes for the work. - They have since put up notices telling people to remove all items.
                    3. No replacement vehicle offered despite taking more than a week at the garage per visit.
                    4. Not happy with the care taken on 1 part of the repair (rear window) with excess glue over the tailgate - did wash off when I got the car home though - and the window and spoiler not seating perfectly flush and with some deep scratches (out of view unless you look).

All in all a good Citroen garage in North (East) London and I would use again/recommend!

Comment

Try and use one thats owned by Citroen Retail group

Comment

Working...
                      X