Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First car

Hi guys,
    I am looking for a first car and I was ideally thinking a RX-8 to start of with. That idea left my head when I noticed how powerful it was! So I am now thinking of a DS3.
    Would everyone recommend a DS3 as a first car? Also what insurance type should I take out (comp or 3rd party)?

Thanks

I'd recommend it, it's a great car.

I'd always recommend fully comprehensive insurance.
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
      I'd recommend it, it's a great car.

I'd always recommend fully comprehensive insurance.
      +1 to that
      If in Doubt FLAT OUT!!!!!!!!

Comment

I'd definitely recommend it as well.

You won't save that much cash going 3rd party, as the bulk of the premium for fully comp is for the third party claims. You might save £100 or so, but I don't think it's worth the risk of you being minus a car if you were to have an accident that was your fault. The only time it's worth while is if you're driving an old banger that is worth peanuts anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by simba View Post
          Would everyone recommend a DS3 as a first car?
          Naturally asking that on the DS3 Club forum you're only going to get the answer yes.

The DS3 wasn't my first car but I would have felt very comfortable driving it straight after passing. You'll even notice a lot driving instructors now teach pupils in DS3s and that can't just be because of the deals Citroen offer them.

The bigger problem is insurance though, definitely definitely definitely go fully comp, having to put your car back together after a smash just isn't worth the stress, even worse if it gets written off. Run a few quotes first and if it's in your price range go for it. It wasn't for me so I ended up with a C1 for my first year and a half before getting my DS3.

Comment

Working...
          X