X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
    Beefie- whatya into man? (Photi wise)
    CBLUE
    Mostly food, booze and pics of the car. All my photos are taken with my iPhone so not as good as some of the others.
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Theyre great Beefie- just my little smile
      CBLUE
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
        Mostly food, booze and pics of the car. All my photos are taken with my iPhone so not as good as some of the others.

All mine are taken with my HTC. Love this phones camera.
        My DS3R3... nearly....
        New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
          All mine are taken with my HTC. Love this phones camera.
          Maybe you're just better at photo composure
          - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
          - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

These are my most liked pictures on Instagram, Hope you all like them too, not much to do with my DS3 sorry!!

Attached Files

Comment

Anyone else having problems with # tags? All of my recent posts have #motorcyclelive for example and when you click on the # tag it takes you to a list of pictures which have the same # tag, however none of my recent pictures are showing in these lists!!!!
              DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Arlow View Post
                Anyone else having problems with # tags? All of my recent posts have #motorcyclelive for example and when you click on the # tag it takes you to a list of pictures which have the same # tag, however none of my recent pictures are showing in these lists!!!!
                yeah mine been doing exactly the same there is some bug kicking about, its going to be fixed in next update!

Comment

You're Officially For Sale On Instagram

Instagram has a new terms of service and privacy policy that are going into effect on January 16. They're pretty much standard fare, but it's adopted a few things from the Facebook terms of service that you might not like, as Nick Bilton has pointed out. Here are the clauses bound to freak people out.

What this means is that Instagram can now effectively sell the use of your username, profile picture, photos you've taken and records of what you've liked or commented on to another company — like an advertiser — and they don't have to pay you in order to do so.

And you can't stop them.

Facebook's terms in this regard are similar, but Facebook does explicitly grant you the ability to adjust how your name and profile photo are used for ads and commercial content:

You can use your privacy settings to limit how your name and profile picture may be associated with commercial, sponsored, or related content (such as a brand you like) served or enhanced by us. You give us permission to use your name and profile picture in connection with that content, subject to the limits you place.

Another section, pointed out by Mike Isaac, seems downright disingenuous:
                  You acknowledge that we may not always identify paid services, sponsored content, or commercial communications as such.

But it's also in Facebook's terms of service:
                  You understand that we may not always identify paid services and communications as such.

From the new privacy policy
                  We may also share certain information such as cookie data with third-party advertising partners. This information would allow third-party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.

Facebook does this as well and it's making a killing off of it.

The Instaface merging process will, by the way, be totally complete when these new terms and privacy policy go into place. Affiliates = Facebook in the section below:
                  We may share User Content and your information (including but not limited to, information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, and usage data) with businesses that are legally part of the same group of companies that Instagram is part of, or that become part of that group ("Affiliates"). Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve the Service (including by providing analytics) and Affiliates' own services (including by providing you with better and more relevant experiences). But these Affiliates will honor the choices you make about who can see your photos.

In a larger sense, Instagram (or Facebook on behalf of Instagram) has asked for, and effectively given itself, free reign to do with your data as it pleases, into perpetuity. Wisely, it did so at a time when Instagram still feels small and personal. A time when people still trusted it.
                  There's an adage that's basically a cliche in tech now: If you are not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold. Well, there's a reason that it's become cliche, and that's because it's true — over and over and over again.

Source

Wired say:

Today Instagram unleashed brand-new terms of service that has rubbed many of its loyal users the wrong way. Instagram can sell your photos to third parties for ads without telling you.

While the chances are slim that your photo of your cat will end up on the side of a bus selling Meow Mix, the change to the photo-sharing company’s terms of service is broad in its assertion of rights to use its user’s photos. Here is the offending passage from the new TOS:

Some or all of the Service may be supported by advertising revenue. To help us deliver interesting paid or sponsored content or promotions, you agree that a business or other entity may pay us to display your username, likeness, photos (along with any associated metadata), and/or actions you take, in connection with paid or sponsored content or promotions, without any compensation to you.

If the new terms are tough for you to swallow, there is a way to quickly remove yourself from the many-filtered ways of Instagram.

How to Download Your Instagram Photos and Kill Your Account
                  First you’ll want to download all of your photos. Instaport will download your entire Instagram photo library in just a few minutes. Currently the service only offers a zip file download of your photos, although direct export to Flickr and Facebook are in the works.

Once the photos are downloaded, you can upload them to another photo service. Some of the Gadget Lab staff is fond of the new Flickr app and service.

After you’ve removed your photos from Instagram, you can quickly delete your account and pretend you’ve never even heard of Lo-Fi filter.

But once you delete your account, that’s it. Instagram cannot reactivate deactivated accounts and you will not be able to sign up for Instagram later with the same account name.

That’s it. Of course you’ll need to find another photo service to see photos of meals and your friend’s feet.

Loads out there to read up on about it in the news. But decide as you will.

I think the Club page will come down.

As for own, depends how much you think people will want your images, and then again, even if they aren't amazing, they are still your images.........
                  My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Thank you, and we’re listening

Blog update from Instagram. #yawn
                    My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

That didn't take long for Instagram to back peddle.
                      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                      Bigfeet's File Repository
                      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                        That didn't take long for Instagram to back peddle.
                        At least they listened to their users
                        Citroën DS3 DSport THP 150 Sport yellow / Black roof

Comment

Originally posted by skylaq View Post
                          At least they listened to their users
                          Very true, talk about the verbal hot potato!

you would think that Facebook by know know that people don't like being 'the product'
                          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                          Bigfeet's File Repository
                          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I don't know if I trust this bit...

Ownership Rights Instagram users own their content and Instagram does not claim any ownership rights over your photos. Nothing about this has changed. We respect that there are creative artists and hobbyists alike that pour their heart into creating beautiful photos, and we respect that your photos are your photos. Period.
                            May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
                            October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
                            Instagram @adamds3

Comment

but notice how IG said "people misunderstood" rather than actually saying "what we wanted to do, sell your images for our gain, you didn't agree with so when we got caught, changed it" joys of FB shoving money infront of people & killing a good thing, hopefully they won't do stupid updates and stuff like they did to ruin FB.

Comment

Have followed a few of you on Instagram and if anyone wanted to follow me I'm on there as jonwe11ington

Mostly my food I create at our restaurant and family, hobby pics. Will be overrun with ds3 pics when I pick the new car up
                                THP 155 DSport+ - POLAR WHITE WITH MOONSTONE ROOF

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X