• Show
Clear All

• Not a Citroen

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	367838

Sold the DS3 13 months ago and bought a Cactus. Really miss the DS3 as it was such a great car and the Cactus has been faultless but so dull.

So 11 months of 75hour+ working weeks and no holiday establishing my new business, decided to reward myself with new Type R. Hopefully pick it up next Saturday.

Marmite styling for some but the drive is absolutely stunning. 4 doors and plenty of spare in the boot for family days out. By some miracle we averaged 34mpg during the test drive and we were exploring the performance.

I wish Citroen did a proper performance car as I do like my local dealership and they look after my company vehicles really well.

Just hoping the Honda is as equally trouble free and utterly reliable as my Citroens.

Well that's definitely a bit different to a Cactus!
    Pics when you get it!
    May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
    October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
    Instagram @adamds3

Comment

Hard to believe, and I did ask my insurance company to double check as I didn't believe them .... insurance on the Type R is £50 a year more than the Cactus. Makes absolutely no sense!

Comment

Originally posted by Coupese View Post
        Hard to believe, and I did ask my insurance company to double check as I didn't believe them .... insurance on the Type R is £50 a year more than the Cactus. Makes absolutely no sense!
        That's crazy! I think that proves that insurance companies just pluck random numbers out of the air.
        May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
        October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
        Instagram @adamds3

Comment

Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	360034

Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	360035

Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	360036

Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	360037

Got my new car! Going on a personal this week plate before anyone worries about the number plate in the picture.

Insurance ended up £120 a year more in reality than my diesel Cactus (and DS3 before).

Absolutely brutal acceleration and still makes my heart jump after 2 1/2 weeks of ownership, the seats really clamp you in and are unbelievably comfortable.

The engine has so much torque you can change up at 1750rpm and drive like a diesel. The photo shows the mpg on my motorway commute home driving 60 - 75mph, which I still can't quite believe from a 306Bhp car. It's a 6 speed box which means it revs just over 2000rpmpm at 70mph.
          When I stow the flat cap and pipe into the glove box, I can get the mpg down to around 17mpg quite easily.

Absolutely packed with tech, and does things like reading road signs and displays speed limit for the road and other road warning signs like no overtaking. Honda do seem to like filling a car with every imaginable bit of tech going. Really like the F1 style shift lights above the speedo.

Pressing the sport button in other cars never seems to make any difference, pressing the 'R' button really does make a massive difference to the throttle map and makes the suspension granite hard with zero body roll.

The bottom of the car is completely flat and rear diffuser is real, and makes the car risk solid stable at very high speed. I had it within 30mph of its top speed but would like to find another track where I can take it to near its max speed just the once for the experience.

Really is a car of a lifetime for me and love driving it for the sake of it. If anyone lives around Peterborough, more than happy to take you for a spin if you fancy it!
          Last edited by Coupese; 15-12-2015, 22:58.

Comment

Looks fantastic, love the look and the colour, sounds like you deserve it with all your hard work.
            Congratulations and enjoy.

Comment

People always said self employment is hard work, I was completely ignorant to what the reality was.

My poor wife has a full time job, looks after me and my 6 year old son and does all the company book work. We would both be happy if we had earnt the minimum wage every week for the last year. We are on week 53 without having a weeks holiday

Not complaining as we are extremely lucky to be so busy as a new company and have been able to employ my X-work mate who got made redundant the same time as myself.

It's nice after a year to have something to show for it, and have something that we never imagined we would be able to afford ... Really chuffed if it wasn't obvious lol.

Serious respect to all you guys running your own business.

Comment

Looks great, love the colour, bet it's a beast to drive too.

Enjoy!
                - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

That rear and that diffuser! I looove those kind of aero things! The only thing that was a bit of a bummer for me was that they didn't keep the rear lights in the wing, as it was on the concept. But still, what a car! Yes, I'm jealous.. :-D

Comment

Looks awesome!! enjoy!
                    Current: DS 3 Performance, Perla Nera Black with Sparkly Purple roof
                    Previous: DS3 DStyle 120 VTi, Perla Nera Black with Fuchsia roof

Comment

Looks amazing !! Congrats - what a car
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X