Bye bye DS3.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bye bye DS3.....

So after four years (two DS3s) of DS3 ownership I'll shortly be saying goodbye to my 2013 eHDi DSport+.

After many years of driving diesels I'm going back to a petrol Audi S1 for my next car as my annual mileage is now around 14-15k a year rather than 25k+. Having suffered a lot of depreciation from new on the DS3 I'm getting an 11m old v low mileage S1 which according to the spec from new has already lost £12k.

Things I'll miss
    • The fun of driving a DS3
    • Very cheap running costs at average of 56mpg
    • Free road tax
    • The remapped 145 bhp with the mpg above
    • Being an official part of this great club
    • All of you guys !

What I won't miss
    • Paint that is softer than butter
    • Massive depreciation, based on RRP (which I didn't pay following a haggle) in 2013 and best trade in value I could haggle the car has lost £11k in three years !
    • Corroded Bellones (had three replaced under warranty before it expired)

I'll keep popping into the forum and contributing where I can and when allowed I will join Oli, Richard, Tom etc at the back of stands in the 'Friends of DS3 section'

Joni/Liam you two are legends !! You've spoilt me for owner forums now as I couldn't find anything half as good for Audi's when looking over the weekend.

Finally some pics of the new one taken during the test drive on Saturday.

Audi S1 by lfcrule 1972, on Flickr

Last edited by lfcrule1972; 10-09-2016, 15:35.
    sigpic

Looks great man, enjoy thoroughly i am damn sure you will looks a right beast, bet its like a rocket ship! Don't blame you for the move tbh.
    Bwaaahhhhhh and Pshhttt erryday!

(Current) THP 155 Black & White. White Racing Decals (+2 bhp each)

(Past) E-HDI Airdream 115 Black. Orange Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)
    E-HDI Airdream 90 White & Black. Full Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)

Comment

Great looking car.

Comment

Cheers both - yeah the test drive was an eye opener for me. Cracking acceleration (claims 0-60 in 5.6 seconds) and the torque is slightly more than my diesel so it pulls like a train. The Quattro system was awesome on the twisty lanes and coped with the power v well. I understand from Jamie that a remap at SP Tuning could get it to 300bhp as well so I think I'll be seeing Jamie after a while

Plus for me was that it's well spec'd without me having to pay the silly prices Audi charge from new for them.
        Last edited by lfcrule1972; 03-04-2017, 17:31.
        sigpic

Comment

Also a great time buy an Audi what with the recent poor publicity, a dealership in EC London is currently offering models at cost price.

Comment

Looks great Chris, enjoy!
            - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
            - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly Guy View Post
              Also a great time buy an Audi what with the recent poor publicity, a dealership in EC London is currently offering models at cost price.
              I did haggle a lot on mine so I'm happy with the deal now As you say, it does help when they want to make deals on sales.
              sigpic

Comment

This looks so good! I'd take an S1 over an A3 anyday! See you at the back of the stand!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks Richard, a few of my mates thought I should get an S3 but I have no need for the bigger car, I prefer the looks of the S1 and it works out cheaper than an S3....

Yep, see you at the back !
                  sigpic

Comment

Nice little motor. Petrol eh? Lol. 😉

Have fun, and welcome to VAG.
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Looks great! You will still be on here taking the mickey out of my latest modification!
                      LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

Ayup ifcrule1972........wot can i say
                        Car looks brill!
                        Ive bn looking at s1 as daughter got a1 s line
                        Lovely car!
                        But keeping ds3, cos can drive a1 when shes on hols, oh yeah!
                        Enjoy.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                          Nice little motor. Petrol eh? Lol. ��

Have fun, and welcome to VAG.
                          Cheers Chris - with my lower mileage now a diesel wasn't essential. That said the lower mpg and having to pay £185 for road tax is a shock

Originally posted by JEZDS3 View Post
                          Looks great! You will still be on here taking the mickey out of my latest modification!
                          Still here Jez, as I said I can't find an Audi forum like this one so far.... I expect I'll see you at a show soon

Originally posted by Mither40 View Post
                          Ayup ifcrule1972........wot can i say
                          Car looks brill!
                          Ive bn looking at s1 as daughter got a1 s line
                          Lovely car!
                          But keeping ds3, cos can drive a1 when shes on hols, oh yeah!
                          Enjoy.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
                          Sounds like the best of both worlds
                          sigpic

Comment

Looks awesome. Be careful of remapping these as I've heard from quite a few that the clutches can't stand stage 1.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh really Oli ? I was reading up about them at the weekend and places like REVO etc were only recommending uprated clutches for Stage 2 (to 350bhp).

Thanks I'll deffo read up more on this before I go with a stage 1 remap.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X