Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Abarth 595 Competizione (with Performance Pack)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abarth 595 Competizione (with Performance Pack)

So, after my terrible car adventures last year (couple of months of discussions with Citroen to have my engine replacement, to be followed by the car being totalled while it was parked), it was time for something new!

Collected a new Abarth 595 Competizione at the end of March. It's an amazing little machine!
    Some info: 1.4l with Garrett turbo good for 180HP, Brembo brakes, Koni FSD shocks, Sabelt seats, Record Monza exhaust,... Adding to that I took the optional Performance Package which adds a mechanical LSD, carbon fiber shells for the seats and lighter wheels. This really is a pocket rocket, as it only weighs about a tonne.
    I love it! I've only taken a couple of pictures this weekend, as I didn't get around to that before. Driving it was more important than taking pictures.

Also took a trip to the Nurburgring last week to "baptize" my new little toy.

Btw, the sound of this thing is incredible! How Abarth managed to get this exhaust approved is anyone's guess..

Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-04-14 14.59.52.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	368458

Name:	2017-04-14 14.59.45.jpg
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	368459

Name:	2017-04-14 15.00.03.jpg
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	368460

Name:	2017-04-14 15.00.31.jpg
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	368461

Name:	2017-04-14 15.04.51.jpg
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	368462

Name:	2017-04-14 15.04.17.jpg
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	368463

Name:	2017-04-13 15.28.38.jpg
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	368464

Name:	2017-04-12 22.02.03.jpg
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	368465

Nice one. There is one that drives past my work and it sounds unreal.

Comment

Looks great!
      Current: DS 3 Performance, Perla Nera Black with Sparkly Purple roof
      Previous: DS3 DStyle 120 VTi, Perla Nera Black with Fuchsia roof

Comment

Love it!
        - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
        - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

I could have sworn the Competiziones came with plastic fixed windows with slider vents in them, or is that an option?
          ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
          Join the Facebook Group!
          Join the Discord Server!

Comment

That's the 695 Biposto, the ridiculously priced special abarth.

The 595 Competizione can be considered as a more normal version of the insane 695 Biposto. In a nutshell: a little less carbon, 10HP less, and it keeps the back seat. But many of the parts underneath are actually the same. But for "half the price" of the insanely priced 695.

Also, the 695 Biposto doesn't have satnav, a stereo or even door handles, it's more of a hardcore track car that can be driven on the road.
            Last edited by FLP; 18-04-2017, 11:30.

Comment

Originally posted by FLP View Post
              That's the 695 Biposto, the ridiculously priced special abarth.

The 595 Competizione can be considered as a more normal version of the insane 695 Biposto. In a nutshell: a little less carbon, 10HP less, and it keeps the back seat. But many of the parts underneath are actually the same. But for "half the price" of the insanely priced 695.

Also, the 695 Biposto doesn't have satnav, a stereo or even door handles, it's more of a hardcore track car that can be driven on the road.
              Sounds like you made the right choice then. I'm sure you could get that extra 10+ BHP from a remap
              - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Seen a few around very nice

Comment

Looks sweet. Hope you enjoy it......although it sounds like you already have been doing!!
                  DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

let us know how safe you feel 100mph+
                    So small to go so fast
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Looks fun

0-62 is 6.7 seconds ?? I kinda thought that bhp in a v light car would be quicker and not more than a second slower than mine... Definitely sounds like a remap will set it on fire....
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                        Looks fun

0-62 is 6.7 seconds ?? I kinda thought that bhp in a v light car would be quicker and not more than a second slower than mine... Definitely sounds like a remap will set it on fire....
                        I'm sure your Quattro system and nearly 50 extra BHP makes no difference
                        - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Ha ha, well it does add a little bit of weight in mitigation Beefy
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                            let us know how safe you feel 100mph+
                            So small to go so fast
                            Was "worried" about that too, but after driving it in Germany I can say you don't even notice that it's such a small car when driving 200km/h and more. It's actually feels more stable than my DS3 did at those speeds.

It won't be very good for my wallet in the long run, I fear, because on the motorway you can drive fast so easily without really noticing it. And it doesn't have cruise control/limiter to keep me slow enough

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                              Looks fun

It's a bit slow off the line initially. You really have to wait until you reach 3500rpm and full boost kicks in. And by then (in first gear) you already have to select second gear a split second later because above 3500 the rpms rise way to fast and before you know it you hit the limiter. From second gear on it's no problem.
                              I actually kinda like this whole 80's turbo feeling. When it kicks in, it's an amazing feeling

Comment

Working...
                              X