Goodbye DS3!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodbye DS3!

After 2 and a bit years or relatively low cost, trouble free motoring Ive decided it's time for a change and traded in my 2012 Airdream Dsport+, luckily I somehow managed to get into positive equity on the car despite it having a few minor faults, I wasn't really expecting much if anything at all but it was quite substantial compared to what I thought I'd get, this pretty much sealed the deal on me getting a newer car, gonna miss it as it's been the best car I've owned up to this point but hopefully my newer car will change that.

So as of Tuesday I'll be moving from my Ds3:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0176.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	368604

To a Mk7 Golf R:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0298.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	368605

Hopefully the pictures will work as I'm using an iPhone at the mo. I appreciate all the help I've had from members of the forum up to now, the knowledge I've gained from forums like this has been so helpful over the course of my DS3 ownership!

Wow, you'll definitely enjoy that! Launch control at all the traffic lights!!
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Originally posted by BenS View Post
      Wow, you'll definitely enjoy that! Launch control at all the traffic lights!!
      Haha Definitely! Although I opted for a manual Only thing I'm not looking forward to the fuel consumption going from 74 mpg quoted ds3 to a 30 mpg 4wd hot hatch, still should make the drive to work a lot more interesting

Comment

Niiiice!! It's a very popular Golf, and understandably so!

One of the guys here has one, but he has wrapped it bright orange. All change again soon when he gets his mustang -_-
        My DS3R3... nearly....
        New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

I too was worried about drop in MPG when I changed from my 2013 diesel DS3 to an S1. The MPG now averages 36 to and from work and a bit higher on motorways. But the performance is amazing and as I do far less miles now it pretty much averages out at the same monthly cost.

Don't forget the road tax - that's no longer free
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
            I too was worried about drop in MPG when I changed from my 2013 diesel DS3 to an S1. The MPG now averages 36 to and from work and a bit higher on motorways. But the performance is amazing and as I do far less miles now it pretty much averages out at the same monthly cost.

Don't forget the road tax - that's no longer free
            Yeah the world of free tax is gone for good, still worth it for the performance on offer I thought the ds3 was torquey this is another world! Still I'm gonna miss my Dsport it's been a pleasure to own.

Comment

Agree with all of those statements
              sigpic

Comment

Looks great!
                - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Working...
                X