X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris_Blue
    replied
    Looks like my Clio will be moving to the Cemetary

Gearbox just died (About £1k to replace properly) after having a used box fitted 12 month ago (£350)

Rotten sill needed welding (£300) last year, and another £300 or so to pass last years MOT

Fuel line leaks, MAP sensor issues, Fuel rail and injectors replaced and a host of little things

They just happen on a 20 year old car. Havent been to Track days for 15months due to problems (Not just Covid)

So, getting another very similar Clio will be £ 2-2.6k and i reckon to get about £1k breaking this one

So................. no final decision yet but its not looking good for my existing Clio

Leave a comment:

• Chris_Blue
    replied
    Thinking YARIS GR as next Track toy. Bit pricey though, and 12 month waiting list

Clio cost me $900 last year in gearbox, clutch, drivesgaft and welding to get through MOT. (Only driven 1000 miles since Pandemic started)
    Cant spend that every year- so maybe a brandspanker to visit all Tracks in UK:-)
    Last edited by Chris_Blue; 26-03-2021, 18:23.

Leave a comment:

• Chris_Blue
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	sunp0044.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	402558

I miss driving my hobbie……….

during this bloody pandemic

Silver lining: No MOT required for 6 months :-)

Leave a comment:

• Chris_Blue
    replied
    Originally posted by Kat View Post
    That looks great Chris_Blue!
    Thanks Kat. Yep. Reminded me of the finish on the Perfromance black DS3- if that was the one with the matte finish
    Looks even better in real life I think, as matt finish is so different to most on the road

14 hours work over a weekend

Leave a comment:

• Kat
    replied
    That looks great Chris_Blue!

Leave a comment:

• Chris_Blue
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	211.0 KB ID:	401234Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	173.1 KB ID:	401235Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	204.8 KB ID:	401236

Just BLACK plastidipped my Clio over the weekend- a lot of work but it came up fab IMO
    Last edited by Chris_Blue; 22-09-2019, 20:30.

Leave a comment:

• Chris_Blue
    replied
    Plastidipping the Clio matt black in the next 6 weeks- first time using semi pro equipment

Any tips?

Will be taking bits and pieces off like front and rear headlamps

Leave a comment:

• Chris_Blue
    replied
    So, the MOT was due on my Clio last week

I sorted the windscreen wipers, repaired the brake light, sidelight, and foglight (Whole front section off) which went over Winter, ripped the sunstrip off, checked the tyres, repaired the front jack point with steel plate etc etc

All it failed on was CV gaiters which I got them to do (Dirty, heavy job)

As it now has a 13 month MOT, Ive now put in a 200 cspi sportscat, new speedo sensor, bought and fitted to track wheels 2 x Uniroyal Rainsports (For track days that become wet), changed the gearbox oil, replaced broken bandclamp by backbox, replaced DOT 5.1 Brake fluid, sorted rattle on rear strut brace.

Now all ready for half a dozen track outings

Last thing to do, possibly fit 1144 Mintex Track brake pads on front, as only have 2-3mm left on them. Not sure- maybe one more track day (Really good pad IMO, No brake fade yet)

Hoping to go to a Club meet at Castle Combe 29th May, but means leaving home about 5am!! Hard work. Then back home that night knackered, then to work next day

Ive gotta say, Track days are fun, but put everything together and theyre bleeding expensive. Average between £250 - £300 a day, depending on location. Then theres the cost of maintainance and performance mods- but I love it (When things go well)

Leave a comment:

• Chris_Blue
    replied

My little Track car

Brands hatch Tuesday 26th Feb 2019

Great day- fabulous weather

Leave a comment:

• Chris_Blue
    replied
    Yep, Paddock hill bend was my first spin off. Its frightening- especially with the gravel next to it
    Druids (Hairpin) is a piece of cake in a Clio, beats everything from Ferraris to Porsche- inside line beats all

Nürburgring- on my bucket list :-)

Leave a comment:

• Sebbadee
    replied
    Brands hatch in the wet Bet the first corner was fun!
    I had a 182 and it was fast but my mate crashed it on the Nurburgring and it never drove quite the same again think we bent the chassis.
    Yeah got a track slag a Mk2 Golf gti which I built about 10 years ago and raced all over the country in the mk2 championship. Span out at brands hatch at the hairpin whilst racing
    Not done a track day for two or three years now but just been working on the golf and got it through M.O.T last week so ready for a track day! Gotta be Cadwell park or Donny maybe.

Leave a comment:

• Chris_Blue
    replied
    Originally posted by Funky View Post
    Haha!! Awesome!!!
    great fun- have a go Funky!

Leave a comment:

• Funky
    replied
    Haha!! Awesome!!!

Leave a comment:

• Chris_Blue
    replied
    Originally posted by Funky View Post
    Nice one Chris. Did you keep up with that silver Scoobie ahead of you?
    Overtook him and pulled away from him several times. Clio is a lot faster than it looks- sheep in wolfs clothing
    He got me a couple times too,mind

Think he mustav been a novice- it was wet and cars difficult to keep on track. Spun off twice me, and had plenty of twitches

Leave a comment:

• Funky
    replied
    Nice one Chris. Did you keep up with that silver Scoobie ahead of you?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X