Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New DS3 Racing owner

Hi all,
    New to the club.Was meant to pick my DS3 Racing up last Friday,but it's at the dealers with a "SatNav issue" apparently!:
    Still,it'll be worth it in the end. Bit concerned with all the horror stories but I've always wanted one so will have to live with the "fear!"
    Quick question:have read about the breather/carbon issues & will probably go for a catch tank; but have also read the mapping is not good.Would a good remap(i.e. Superchips) help with the issues?
    Will post some pics when I finally get the car!!

Sorry can't help with your question, but sure someone cleverer than me will be along soon.. In the mean time welcome to the club
    http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/...psed17aa4f.jpg

Comment

Jamie @ sptuning is the guy the contact regarding tuning
      Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

If you're not planning on upgrading the internals then I'd forget about mapping it...

Comment

Recall that Jamie at SPT found a glitch in either the 155 or the Racing OEM mapping which he repairs when remapping
          You could consider just replacing your OEM map for one of the same power ouput, which may have some impact
          Bit costly if its the full cost, but maybe he would give you a decent rate
          Just a thought. Maybe PM him

Catch can a must i reckon- maybe the walnut blasting too?
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Could probably go for the remap and leave boost pressure alone for reliability? apparently the thp uses a really lean fuel mixture which creates higher temperature exhaust gases, this is to meet emissions standards but its no good for the engine/turbo.

I had my thp150 done at Sp last year and can certainly say jamie there does an excellent job

Comment

Thanks for the replies,guys.Certainly given me something to think about.Heard good things about Hangar111 too.Live just down the road from them.

Comment

Welcome

Loads of info here to get you on your way - and as mentioned Jamie is the man to go to for maps and advice re parts to install/upgrade
                My DS3R3... nearly....
                New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Working...
                X