Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3 DSire Plus - Some concerns

Hi Everyone

I’m new to the Forum and also to DS3 / Citroen.
    I’m early in the process of looking to replace my new 2014 Nissan Qashqai for a new DS3 DSire Plus, with all the extras added-on. But after reading some posts on here, I’m a little worried. Was hoping you guys could answer some questions?

Are the 17” Black Bellone wheels still available? I ordered them, and hadn’t heard anything about corrosion or non-availability?

Does the car still come in Pearl White? I order that, and was told that wouldn’t be a problem. I’ll be P*ssed Off if it turns up in Polar Solid White, after paying more for pearlescent paint.

The Mistral Akinen/Alcantara Cloth seat netting, does it tear/damage easily? I cannot stand leather seats, so went for the next best option.

Is the storage space inside really hard to live with? Coming from a SUV cross over, I was spoilt. But when I test-drove the DS3, I was pleased, but didn’t see much in car storage space. The rear boot I was pleasantly surprised with!

Nissan aftercare is appalling!! Is Citroen as bad as what I’ve read?

Thanks Guys!
    Dom.

I have a 2013 DSport+ and from my experience:

1. Black Bellones - I believe these are still available, I'm sure I saw a 64 reg the other day with them fitted, although I have no idea when it was built. Re corrosion as far as I know Citroen are still replacing any with this issue up to 3 years from new. One of mine is due to be photographed and replaced at the next service by the dealer following consultation with CUK.

2. Pearl White - sorry no idea, I'd assume like you that it couldn't be ordered if it wasn't still available. Bigfeet (our friendly dealer should be able to confirm).

3. Seat material - I have the leather seats and love them Hopefully someone else will comment

4. Storage space - ok, coming from a SUV you will probably notice the difference more, I came from an Astra Sport hatch and didn't really have any issues. The glove box on UK DS3's is only half sized due to Citroen not relocating the fuse box on our models but other than that the boot is v well sized for a car our sized, you may miss a cup holder !

5. Aftercare - I think this really depends on the dealers, mine is excellent and have had no problems at all with them, others not so, I'd recommend trying alternative ones if your one doesn't work out. If you advise where you live I expect someone will be able to give a recommendation.

sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the club

I'll answer the stuff I know. Biggy should be along shortly to answer / confirm anything else.

Originally posted by Dom View Post
      Are the 17” Black Bellone wheels still available? I ordered them, and hadn’t heard anything about corrosion or non-availability?
      Looking on the configurator the DSire Plus comes with the newer wheels (17 inch 'Aphrodite' Black alloy wheels). Looks like Bellones come as standard on DSire & DSport trim levels, so I'm sure they're still available if you have specified them.

I've only heard of corrosion on Bellones and it's only affected a few people, usually after at least a year of ownership. The usual process for replacement is for the dealer to send pics of the wheels to Citroen and then replaced under warranty.

Does the car still come in Pearl White? I order that, and was told that wouldn’t be a problem. I’ll be P*ssed Off if it turns up in Polar Solid White, after paying more for pearlescent paint.
      Looking on the configurator, Pearl White is still an available option.

The Mistral Akinen/Alcantara Cloth seat netting, does it tear/damage easily? I cannot stand leather seats, so went for the next best option.
      I've never had the Alcantara seats but I've never heard of them being susceptible to damage.

Is the storage space inside really hard to live with? Coming from a SUV cross over, I was spoilt. But when I test-drove the DS3, I was pleased, but didn’t see much in car storage space. The rear boot I was pleasantly surprised with!
      Depends what you're used to storing, you're not going to get a set of golf clubs in the back without putting the seats down but I think the storage is pretty good for a compact car.

Hope this helps
      - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
      - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Welcome to the club
        2015 DS3 DSport Plus 1.6 165thp - Evil Edition Mk2 - 176bhp

Comment

Welcome along

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys! Much appreciated.

Just one last question - what on earth is AdBlue?
            The dealership phoned me up the other day to advise the engine I choose (BlueHDI 120) diesel 6gear manual needs this, and the servicing of this separate system is not included under Servicing Fee and Warranty.

I've never hear of this additive. My Nissan Qashqai just has the DFP and everything works fine.
            I've tried to find online what this AdBlue liquid is, and how easy/expensive/frequency it is to do....
            Anyone have this on their DS3 Model? Any advice on the process?

PS: I'm in Worcester UK. The dealership is 5 mins walk from my house. The Servcing site, about a ten minute drive. They aren't on the same site :-)
            Last edited by Dom; 09-11-2014, 00:04.

Comment

The seat material isn't netting, it's just a textured cloth, so there's no problem with it.

Comment

I use ad blue in my wagon it helps lower the emissions I have two tanks , don't know where your going to store it.

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys! Much appreciated.

Just one last question - what on earth is AdBlue?
                  The dealership phoned me up the other day to advise the engine I choose (BlueHDI 120) diesel 6gear manual needs this, and the servicing of this separate system is not included under Servicing Fee and Warranty.

I've never hear of this additive. My Nissan Qashqai just has the DFP and everything works fine.
                  I've tried to find online what this AdBlue liquid is, and how easy/expensive/frequency it is to do....
                  Anyone have this on their DS3 Model? Any advice on the process?

PS: I'm in Worcester UK. The dealership is 5 mins walk from my house. The Servcing site, about a ten minute drive. They aren't on the same site :-)
                  http://lmgtfy.com/?q=adblue
                  Originally posted by cyclone
                  It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                  Originally posted by Broda
                  I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Thanks Guys for the info.
                    I've research AdBlue and know what it does. But wasn't sure where on the DS3 you put it into the Car.
                    Youtube and Google didn't show up any video.
                    But I know it'll be either in a separate nozzle entry next to Diesel opening.
                    Or in a separate entry in he boot space, much like Audi or VW.

For anyone that has this System - is the servicing of the System very expensive? Apparently from what I've read it's every 10,000miles!

Comment

Ad Blue container is located near the spare wheel
                      Don't know about the cost but I'm pretty sure won't be expensive.

Comment

We use ad blue in our trucks it does cause a few problems has every now again the system has to be cleaned out has it crystallises and blocks up and puts the engine management light on
                        http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps710a29cb.jpg
                        2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

build thread My Transformer edition!
                        DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

Thanks Guys

Comment

Hi Everyone

I’m new to the Forum and also to DS3 / Citroen.
                            I’m early in the process of looking to replace my new 2014 Nissan Qashqai for a new DS3 DSire Plus, with all the extras added-on. But after reading some posts on here, I’m a little worried. Was hoping you guys could answer some questions?

The Bellones are still available but are now a cost option on the car, it’s too early to tell if we will have the early problems with the new wheels.

Yes Pearl white is an option on the car and is available with Black, Grey and Blue roofs.

The seats have more of an embossed finish rather than netting but I would be mindful of jeans that have heavy buttons on the back.

This all depends on what crap you plan to haul about in your car! The glovebox is not the biggest, but there is a small bit under the steering wheel as well as the door bins

Nissan aftercare is appalling!! Is Citroen as bad as what I’ve read?

This is rather subjective, in my experience when a customer doesn’t get what they want (regardless of fault) they immediately scream bad customer service. Customer service is how you are treated rather then what you got

Thanks Guys!
                            Dom.
                            The AdBlue tank requires to be topped up every 12,500 miles, it would be advisable to carry a spare bottle in the car (around £30) just in case. The reason for this is that if the tank runs dry then the engine will not start until the system is topped back up again.

Hope that helps
                            Last edited by Bigfeet; 10-11-2014, 13:09.
                            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                            Bigfeet's File Repository
                            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Do I have AdBlue in my May 2013 eHDI Biggie ? I didn't think it was that solution....
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X