taking the plunge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• taking the plunge

after 30+ years of Volvo estates the time has come to downsize to a small car that both MrsT and myself can use as a daily driver.The DS3 wins hands down on looks so I'm off to the Citroen main dealer in Slough next week and a small independent dealer to compare deals on a new one.I know the discounts will be minimal,I guess its a popular little car particularly with the endorsement from the loonies on TG.
    The main issue for me is that it must be an automatic (Mrs T's only requirement) and I have absolutely no iidea of what the Citroen auto box is like.If its the one off the original Mini series 1 then it aint good.
    Any of you guys had any experience of the DS3 auto or any similar Citroen auto,I believe the C3 has the same auto 'box.
    Thanks

I've driven a C3 with the Auto box on a test drive, its pretty good once you get the hang of it, as far as I'm concerned the main drawback with the auto box is that at present its only available on the petrol engine.
    Discounts on the DS3 can be had, all depends on the dealer and there are some pretty good discounts to be had by buying "on-line" as I did. If you want details please message me.

Comment

don't know about auto's but i think someone had a problem with a dealer in slough? anybody remember

Comment

Hi jeffreyt, welcome aboard.

I much prefer my THP to my wife's V50 - it's no contest as a driver's car, the DS3's ride is better, and the seats compare well to the Volvo' s too, which is saying something.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffreyt View Post
          after 30+ years of Volvo estates
          Jesus lol

Comment

Welcome

Comment

I guess the DS3 will be easier to park than than the volvo's. On another note you will love the little thing :-)

Comment

I'm sure i posted something onto this thread???? Strange

Anyway, the Auto unit in the DS3 is the same as the one fitted in the previous version of C3 which a four speed box which is also auto adaptive. The auto in the DS3 is an old one but in the ten years I've been with Citroen I have yet to see one fail so they are bullet proof, MPG wise you should be getting around 36-40 which is not bad considering.

Also the auto box does come with snow and sport modes, but the car will go in snow mode by itself when the weather is cold enough.
                ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                Bigfeet's File Repository
                The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Working...
                X