Newbie from Newcastleish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie from Newcastleish

Hi All, I'm Steven and this is my other halfs DS3 Roxy...

I wanted a DS3 when they first came out, nearly got a petrol 1.6 a few years ago, however when the time came to change my car she wanted me to get a sensible one with 5 doors...so no DS3 however the other half wanted a purple car to replace her long suffering steed and low and behold they released Whisper Purple.

Roxy is a 64 plate Dstyle plus with a 1.6 e-hdi 90 under the bonnet, in white/whisper purple, rather a change from the 03 1.2 Micra that we had. Had it since October and done about 1300 miles so far with no issues. Hopefully will be staying away from the technical areas of the forum with it being new however if anyone has any ideas about how to wash whisper purple without covering it in swirl marks by all means let me know. I'm no stranger to washing cars (behold Martha behind in its nice low maintenance colour) I use 2 buckets, I rinse, I don't use a sponge but it's already swirling up a treat, worse than the 3 year old mazda. Other than that all is well other than slightly crap MPG, 49.5 isn't particularly good imo for such a small diesel however this could be her driving combined with it still being tight as whenever I drive it the fuel range goes up rather than down:confused:.
    Last edited by StevenRB45; 25-01-2015, 19:44. Reason: correction
    Crystal White pearl Mazda 3 Takuya 1.6
    Whisper Purple/White DS3 Dstyle plus 1.6 e-Hdi

Welcome to the club
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Thank you very much.

Comment

Welcome to the club!

Regarding the cleaning, we have a cleaning sub forum where we have a lot of knowledgable members, including rabid racoon who is our resident detailer.

Comment

Welcome along newcastleish ?

Comment

I'm in High Spen, although most people have never heard of that so it's near Rowlands Gill and Chopwell wood, otherside of the derwent valley from Consett.

Oddly we have another whisper purple DS3 in the village although it has a black roof for extra swirling potential...never know might be on here as well somewhere.

Comment

Welcome to the club, like the colour
              DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
              Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Originally posted by Gazski66 View Post
                Welcome to the club, like the colour
                Always makes me want a Ribena...shame it rarely comes out properly in photos looks reddy black usually.

Comment

Welcome to the club! Really like the whisper purple!
                  Current: DS 3 Performance, Perla Nera Black with Sparkly Purple roof
                  Previous: DS3 DStyle 120 VTi, Perla Nera Black with Fuchsia roof

Comment

Welcome to the club. I really do like that colour
                    2015 DS3 DSport Plus 1.6 165thp - Evil Edition Mk2 - 176bhp

Comment

Love the colour! 1300 miles? Mines same age and now on 4000+ miles...

Comment

Originally posted by MeganLeighx View Post
                        Love the colour! 1300 miles? Mines same age and now on 4000+ miles...
                        The other half is not a big fan of driving around by herself other than a short commute. So if we go anywhere further away I drive, I favour my Mazda for distance as it cruises better also I don't have to sit their listening to her sucking her teeth whenever I go near anything, Do not want to be the 1st person to put a ding on it although it's a fun little car when I'm out on my own.

I like the colour not seen another purple one with a white roof yet, a few with black roofs so seems quite rare.

Cheers for the welcome all.

Comment

Working...
                        X