On Order DS3 White

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On Order DS3 White

Hello all, I ordered my White 1.6 VTI about 2 wks ago and cant wait to get my hands on it.I've been browsing the forum for a few wks now and have found some really useful info.
    I could do with a bit of advice on a few points.This is my first new car so not really sure how it works.
    I rang my dealer today because I haven't heard anything since placing my order,was told he was expecting a delivery end of the week or middle of next week and hopefully my car would be on it.Do dealers really not know when they are getting a delivery and what is getting delivered? He also said I needed to pay the balance a couple of days before I picked the car up?Not happening!!And finally he said because of FSA regs he would have to give me all the info on gap insurance even though I'm not financing through them.Sorry about the long first post but was wondering if any of this is normal.Any replies greatly appreciated.Cheers

The Gap insurance is nothing, they have to offer it (I suspect there is a bonus in it for them if you take it out). Have you paid a deposit?, when I bought my White I paid £500 deposit and the balance on a debit card when I collected the car. No way would I pay the balance before collecting the car. As for the delivery info I believe that the dealers can find out when a particular car is going to be delivered.

Comment

Thanks for the reply John.Yes I also paid £500 deposit and certainly have no intention of paying the balance up front!Maybe I'm being a bit paranoid but felt I was getting fobbed off because he knows delivery will be longer than the 3 wks he stated when ordering

Comment

Hi chud786, welcome aboard.

Have they asked for payment of the balance in advance because they want to allow a few days for a cheque to clear, perhaps? I'd have thought that would be pretty standard practice, otherwise a person could pay with a dud cheque and scarper with the car.

As John says, one way of avoiding this, if you can manage it, is to pay via debit card. Alternatively payment by bankers draft is as good as cash, as unlike a cheque the draft doesn't have to be cleared by your bank before they will honour it.

Comment

I intend to pay by debit card and this was discussed at time of order thats why I thought it was a bit strange.

Comment

In that case there's no reason for them insisting on the balance being paid in advance. A debit card's as good as cash. For large amounts the seller may have to phone the bank to get authorisation for the payment, but they should be prepared to do that for you on the day - mine did.

I didn't hand over the plastic until I'd had a damned good look over the car, & checked that all was OK. Once you've paid, you're in a weaker position.

Comment

My thoughts exactly!Thanks gar074

Comment

hiya and welcome to ds3 club

Comment

Originally posted by chud786 View Post
                  My thoughts exactly!Thanks gar074
                  You're welcome!

Just remember - you're doing them the immense privilege of handing over HUGE amounts of your hard-earned for one of their products. You could have chosen to spend your money elsewhere, but you chose them. You didn't have to. Don't take any sh1t!

Comment

Originally posted by gar074 View Post
                    You're welcome!

Just remember - you're doing them the immense privilege of handing over HUGE amounts of your hard-earned for one of their products. You could have chosen to spend your money elsewhere, but you chose them. You didn't have to. Don't take any sh1t!
                    Completely agree, i remember checking every single thing on the car before i made any further payments other than the deposit.

Welcome to the forum and if you need anything just let us know

Comment

Whoa guys whats with all the hostility, anyone would think us dealers eat small children!!

Best advice is to speak with your dealer and remind him that you are paying with card on the day, most dealers will require cheques to clear first before collection. The thing is it doesn't matter if you clear the balance ahead of collection as you are protected by consumer law anyway and your dealer is duty bound by it, can't imagine anyone ordering any other goods like a TV or washing machine and only paying for it only when it arrives.

Dealers unfortunately, at best, only have a general idea of when delivery will take place, the problem here is that I don't know where you car is coming from as it is UK stock or factory floor or at Calais. The system has been overhauled to include foretasted exit date in order to allow us to better forecast but there are many external factors to take on board.

Your dealer is also right about the FSA as everybody MUST complete the questionnaire by law, it should only take about 10 minutes at the most.
                      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                      Bigfeet's File Repository
                      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Thanks for all the replies,most helpful.Looks like i'll just have to be patient not my greatest virtue unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
                          Whoa guys whats with all the hostility, anyone would think us dealers eat small children!!
                          It's Ok If You Do Biggie... We Won't Think Any Less Of You !...

I Occassionally Treat Myself To The Odd Toddler Or Two...

Comment

With or without sauce??

...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                            Bigfeet's File Repository
                            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
                              With or without sauce??
                              Relish

Comment

Working...
                              X