Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Stockport!

just bought my first DS3 Dsport + Cabriolet black & black roof :cool:
    can anyone offer any advice on cleaning as read mixed reviews is a hand car wash a no no because of the pressure washers??
    Are the 'brush' wash car washers ok? although I always thought they 'scratched' paintwork...
    should I do it myself on the drive with a normal pressure hose & what should I clean the soft top with?
    & lastly should I get a cover for the roof as sadly its out at night!
    Thank u! :star:

Welcome to the club

I personally wouldn't want anyone washing my car that I didn't trust. Most of the hand wash and auto car washes I've seen are swirl city.

Have a look in the detailing section for more info on good washing practice
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Welcome!
      LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

:star:thank u BeefMasta I shall get a washing kit together!

Comment

:cool:hello & thanks!!!

Comment

Welcome to the club!
            Current: DS 3 Performance, Perla Nera Black with Sparkly Purple roof
            Previous: DS3 DStyle 120 VTi, Perla Nera Black with Fuchsia roof

Comment

Welcome to the club

Comment

Welcome to the club, Andy our resident detailer will be able to recommend cleaning/protection for the roof, he's done it before so you might find his post via a forum search
                sigpic

Comment

Welcome, as far as washing goes, two bucket method, don't use sponge, use a wash mitt. Plenty of cleaning info in this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Piratekat View Post
                    just bought my first DS3 Dsport + Cabriolet black & black roof :cool:
                    can anyone offer any advice on cleaning as read mixed reviews is a hand car wash a no no because of the pressure washers??
                    Are the 'brush' wash car washers ok? although I always thought they 'scratched' paintwork...
                    should I do it myself on the drive with a normal pressure hose & what should I clean the soft top with?
                    & lastly should I get a cover for the roof as sadly its out at night!
                    Thank u! :star:
                    Welcome!

I don't even let my other half (he'll be along soon...) near my paintwork! So I'm in the big no camp for hand car wash places and drive throughs *shudder* BUT some use them and are very happy. This is just a mixed bag of opinions

You can get some fabric sealants for the roof, I know Carbon Collective do one that is really good and Power Maxed I think are looking at refining one. This will repel water better than just being left and will protect against everyday grubbiness.

There are quite a few around, Auto Finesse do a cleaener and a sealant.

Rag Top Cleaner

Rag Top Protector
                    My DS3R3... nearly....
                    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Welcome to the club! Did you get your car from Stockport too?
                      @mike_lowsocial

Comment

Working...
                      X