Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello! First ds3 and first car ever!

Hello!
    I collected my ds3 Dark Light (or just a ds3 Dark as my mum calls it - as it arrived at the dealer minus the promised decals) in late November after waiting since ordering it in October. This is my first ever car and I have to say I am so pleased I was able to be the owner of a shiny brand new ds3. I have been looking at them with envy for a few years now.

I have asked a few friends/family and received mixed messages but what is the best way to get my car washed? Please don't laugh, I am new to the car care deal. My boyfriend checked my oil etc a fortnight ago and was shocked at how little oil it had in it so we topped it up and then his dad told me where it would flash up saying "oil okay" and I have been checking it everytime I switch my engine on since. Would it of had a reduced volume of oil when I collected it or does it use oil quickly? At this point it had drove between 300-400 miles.

I'm keen to hear about others DS3's and please don't tease me about my lack of car knowledge ha ha.

Welcome to the club, have a look at the 3rd post down from CYR on this link for car cleaning
    http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....newbie-cleaner
    DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
    Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Wow thank you! That is perfect, I think I'll be buying supplies and washing my car this weekend following that guide!

Comment

Welcome!
        LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the club
          - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
          - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Welcome to the club!

Post some pics of your car when you get chance
            Current: DS 3 Performance, Perla Nera Black with Sparkly Purple roof
            Previous: DS3 DStyle 120 VTi, Perla Nera Black with Fuchsia roof

Comment

Welcome to the club As for the oil question it sounds like the dealers may have forgotten to check it and top it up before you drove away. Since you topped it up has the level remained ok ?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie View Post
                Hello!
                I collected my ds3 Dark Light (or just a ds3 Dark as my mum calls it - as it arrived at the dealer minus the promised decals) in late November after waiting since ordering it in October. This is my first ever car and I have to say I am so pleased I was able to be the owner of a shiny brand new ds3. I have been looking at them with envy for a few years now.

I have asked a few friends/family and received mixed messages but what is the best way to get my car washed? Please don't laugh, I am new to the car care deal. My boyfriend checked my oil etc a fortnight ago and was shocked at how little oil it had in it so we topped it up and then his dad told me where it would flash up saying "oil okay" and I have been checking it everytime I switch my engine on since. Would it of had a reduced volume of oil when I collected it or does it use oil quickly? At this point it had drove between 300-400 miles.

I'm keen to hear about others DS3's and please don't tease me about my lack of car knowledge ha ha.
                Welcome!!

They still look awesome without the graphics! Very sleek Did they offer you anything because it came without the decals?

There is loads of cleaning tips and advice here: http://www.ds3club.co.uk/forumdispla...y-Auto-Finesse

The oil will only beep if its low - so if hasn't beeped again since topping up then it will be fine! - But you can always do a manual check of the dipstick. The system will do a check on start up and then beep at you if anything is wrong and then display the reason on radio screen, or the right dash screen - re services etc.

We were all DS3 newbies at one point, and teasing is something we nevvvvvvvvvver do.......mwahaha But seriously, all here to learn and get advice, so ask away
                My DS3R3... nearly....
                New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
                  The oil will only beep if its low - so if hasn't beeped again since topping up then it will be fine! - But you can always do a manual check of the dipstick. The system will do a check on start up and then beep at you if anything is wrong and then display the reason on radio screen, or the right dash screen - re services etc.
                  A quick one on this - The system will beep if the oil pressure is low, not the oil level. You won't receive a notification when this is correct, just use your dipstick on a warmed engine and check that oil is visible in between the min-max mark on the dipstick

As with any car you should be checking this regularly, along with wiper fluid, brake fluid, etc..

(image courtesy of www.thinkdrivingschool.co.uk)

I imagine you'll be keen to keep it clean so try tying those checks in with your cleaning sessions. Enjoy it and look after him/her
                  cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Thank you everyone for your advice and kind hellos. I am glad I found this board, it seems I will find the answers to my many questions.
                    Here's my new baby. I have only taken a few snaps of it, manly to put on Facebook to show family and friends that wouldn't see it otherwise. I will need to get some fancier pics once I give it a proper clean next week!
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	360122

Comment

Welcome along

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Working...
                        X