Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3 Dsport problems

Hi all,

Picked up my DS3 DSPORT on tuesday 20th April which i orderd on 13th Feb...I have a few niggles with the car which im not happy with and wonderd if anyone else has had similiar grief with the DS3.

My car is Arctic steel,Carbon effect dash,with chrome mirrors & side skurts,black roof with black diamond wheels....

I have these problems which my dealer has to fix....

Silver wheels fitted & not black diamond as my configuration....

Rounded off torx screw on Ali brake pedal....

No folding door mirrors,demonstrator had folding mirrors which was dstyle (Is this part of signature pack ????)....

Alarm and EPS button pushed back into console....

Upholstry carpet under glove box finished teribbly showing underside of carpet....

Apart from these problems which my dealer will fix i'm very pleased with the car....

Would luv to hear about your problems if any ??

hi clarky this is Ryan (CT) from the garage, just to let u know new trim under glove box has been ordered im sure the other problems are easily fixed, and i know sales are trying to resolve wheel situation, will find out about mirrors for u tomoz not 100% sure myself. hope your bluetoth still ok

Comment

Doesn't sound promising, may have to rethink the DS3 idea then.

Comment

Im just amazed that the car left the factory with buttons pushed back into the console... they dont help their questionable reputation for quality with moves like that.
        '10 DSport in Black/Carmen Red 'Daisy' - Traded back in
        '61 DSport+ in White/Black 'Poppy'
        'We do what we must, because we can.'
        Entropy... It's not what it used to be...

Comment

Hello Ryan,

It's a smal world out there lol....Thanks for sorting my bluetooth out mate.....Loving my car have full confidence that issues with the car will be sorted....Have text Dave about the mirrors & i'm sure he will be looking into it for me.

Don't let my minor niggles put anyone off buying a DS3....NASA had problems as well you know !!!.

It's a fantastic looking car, I take my hat off to citroen definately onto a winner with this one.

Thanks for reply Ryan...Cheers Clarky.

Comment

I got v confused over the spec levels - the brochures are poorly worded IMHO, and the option-packs are unnecessarily complicated - but to the best of my knowledge the heated folding mirrors are only available on DStyle and DSport as part of the City Signature or MyWay City Signature (WTF?!!) packs, where you also get other kit such as rear parking sensors, auto dimming mirror, auto headlights & wipers, central armrest (City pack) together with Sat Nav (MyWay City pack).

God knows why they didn't just call them "option packs 1, 2 & 3" etc. Some marketing twerp looking to justify his/her existence, presumably, and trying to make potential buyers feel "special". I'm afraid it just p*ssed me off!

Both the DSport demonstrators I looked at had the City Signature pack fitted, but the salesmen didn't have a clue what was standard and what wasn't.

Quick tip - the easiest way to tell at a glance whether a DSport has one of the above option packs fitted is to look for the central armrest, which doesn't appear to be available separately.

Hope you get your other problems sorted. I'm waiting for more feedback from owners on their real-life experiences of the DS3 (come on guys, let's have some more feedback!!) before deciding whether to make an order. I've had too many painful experiences of dodgy Citroen build-quality and second-hand values that fall like a brick to dive in as an early adopter.

Having said that, I sat in a yellow DSport on launch week and was smitten! What a pity you can't order the yellow dashboard in the UK, like you can in the rest of Europe. I've seen photos of one and it looks awesome!

Not that I've got a thing about yellow, you understand (... says someone whose first car was a yellow 2CV, and who is a season-ticket holder at Carrow Road!!)

Comment

I was quite lucky my dealer made it quite clear which options I'd need to go for to get the things I pointed out from the demonstrator. Meant I was lucky enough to chose the City Signature, Urban Tribe and Connecting Box right from square one. I agree though - in general they really don't make it clear which options give what. If my dealer hadn't been so clear, there's no way I would have ordered mine with the options I went for; which is a shame as the signature options are worth it, I thought. Before I picked mine up I was hunting around to find out exactly what the options contained (so I could check when I collected), and it wasn't easy by any means.

Comment

Also had the problem with the silver wheels fitted instead of the std option black ones... I suspect that the head office had incorrectly set up the default options in the ordering/pricing system but no-one had spotted it yet and fixed until first units were delivered with the wrong wheels. I was gutted and had to wait another week to get it fixed.
                What really annoyed me was that the dealer tried to imply that I had ordered the silver wheels - the only option I took was the red paint, therefore the rest should be default as specified in their literature. Dealers not yet up to speed I suspect with the product but that always happens with new cars...
                Other than that, car is super - with no other issues (yet), seems to be really well put together.
                Only other minor query is around the service indicator which I have posted separately - other people also have this problem.

Comment

You did well to get your wheels changed in a week !!!...I picked up my DSPORT on the 20th April ...

Still waiting for my wheels expeced delivery 12th May.

Got to be honest it's been nice to have the choice lol...

Which wheels did you prefer & which ones are easier too clean ??.

Comment

Well, I told them I wouldn't hand over my final balance til the wheels were changed. They did try to convince me to take the car with the wrong wheels but unusually for me, I was quite stubborn... no wheels no money.
                    Not had to clean the wheels yet, might have a bash over the weekend!

Comment

Working...
                    X