Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Australian owner here - DS3 Dstyle 1.6 auto

Hi all
    Took delivery of my dealer demo grey Dstyle 1.6 auto on Wednesday, and have just ticked over the 100 kilometres on the way home from work. Looking forward to gaining some knowledge from the forum. Member of the Citroen Car Club of Queensland; use the same profile name on the Aussiefrogs forum (but few DS3 owners there as yet). Also own a Xantia and several GSs.
    Just about to buy some chrome trim bits (as the grey over grey looks a bit sombre imo) from John Nicol, who pointed me to this site.
    Cheers
    Bruce

G'day mate!

I was in Australia in January visiting my daughter and I can't recall seeing a single DS3 so it should stand out!

I hope things are getting back to normal after the floods.

Comment

Welcome to the club. I do believe there is another member on here from Australia. Think he has a Yellow.

Comment

Welcome to the club, and congrats on the purchase

Comment

Hi Bruce

as you are the only 1 with the auto here i guess, could you shed some light on the smoothness of the transmission. I read some reports/blogs which mention that it is a bit jerky while changing gears
          i have not been able to test drive any yet as no car is available.
          any fuel consumption figures ??
          any comments would be much appreciated.
          thanks

Comment

Bonza mate welcome to the club

Comment

Hi kml
              Shifts from standstill do seem to be a bit jerky, but I think I may yet have to master a smoother throttle action as well (as I'm used to driving a manual). Haven't yet used a tank of fuel, so can't shed light on fuel consumption.

Comment

G'day Bruce - welcome aboard.

Originally posted by Bruce H View Post
                Also own ... several GSs.
                GSs are as rare as rocking-horse sh1t in the UK these days - most have long since biodegraded away, I suspect.

I learned to drive in a GS. Fantastic car, but it was a b*gger to do a 3-point turn in, because the steering, although quite light when on the move, was very heavy from a standstill.

Comment

welcome bruce from the land of oz

Comment

Working...
                  X