X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie with a couple of questions!!

Hi,

First of all, I love this car!!!.

In built air freshener.... I can't get this out!, Looks like the previous owner has put it in upside down ... Help!?.

I have the dash with the normal digital screen at the top and a cheap stereo at the bottom. How could I go about getting this upgraded to the multi touch screen?.
    Could this be done by simply buying the dash and screen from a ds3 that someone is breaking?.

Hope people can help with these! .

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by rg2587 View Post
    Hi,

In built air freshener.... I can't get this out!, Looks like the previous owner has put it in upside down ... Help!?.

I have the dash with the normal digital screen at the top and a cheap stereo at the bottom. How could I go about getting this upgraded to the multi touch screen?.
    Could this be done by simply buying the dash and screen from a ds3 that someone is breaking?.

Thanks in advance
    Air freshener - Turn all the way counter-clockwise and push then turn some more to release.

You can retro-fit the MyWay dash panel but this wouldn't be cheap (£2k+). A better alternative would be to find a replacement headunit and use the screen from this instead.

Edit: Welcome
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Welcome to the club. What model of DS3 have you got? Post some pics when you get chance - we all like pics on here
      DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Welcome along

Comment

Hi and welcome

I've given up on the built in air freshener, proper refills are expensive and soaking it in essential oils didn't seem to work, neither did using refills designed for vacuum cleaners (which fitted)

Comment

Originally posted by Jen View Post
            Hi and welcome

I've given up on the built in air freshener, proper refills are expensive and soaking it in essential oils didn't seem to work, neither did using refills designed for vacuum cleaners (which fitted)
            Me too. Soaked mine in my fave aftershave overnight and even though is smelt strong enough, I could hardly smell it when it was back in the dash and the fans were on any speed.

Comment

It's a crap design of air freshener, the OEM refills are overpriced for what they are....
              sigpic

Comment

I have a normal air freshener card in the cubby hole in front of the gear stick, but the car doesn't smell anyway. I very rarely take the dog out in it, and when I do I have spare floor mats to put down to help stop the hair and smells
                ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
                Join the Facebook Group!
                Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Originally posted by rg2587 View Post
                  Hi,

Thanks in advance
                  Belated hello!!!

Where are the obligatory pics!

Some have suggested ways to get this out, and here is mine! It's basically like a bayonet light bulb fitting
                  My DS3R3... nearly....
                  New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Originally posted by Funky View Post
                    Me too. Soaked mine in my fave aftershave overnight and even though is smelt strong enough, I could hardly smell it when it was back in the dash and the fans were on any speed.
                    Did you remember to open the freshener using it's control dial? Also was the centre vents set for the open position?
                    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                    Bigfeet's File Repository
                    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                      Did you remember to open the freshener using it's control dial? Also was the centre vents set for the open position?
                      I did yeah Biggie. Turned it so it was fully open and ensured my centre vents were fully open and directed the fan to point straight through them and hardly anything. Maybe I need another fragrance to try

Comment

Strange then as the foam inside the cartridge is normally pretty good at absorbing fragrance.
                        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                        Bigfeet's File Repository
                        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                          Strange then as the foam inside the cartridge is normally pretty good at absorbing fragrance.
                          You've got me wondering about this again. I'm gonna tinker with it again and see what happens. I did quickly take my freshener out and I can easily smell the aftershave I soaked the sponge cartridge in, so maybe I'm doing summat wrong.

Comment

Working...
                          X