Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought my new 207GTI/RC THP => rally car

Hello,

I've just bought a 207 RC GTI and I would like to have some answers about this car. I know I'm on a DS forum but it seems that there are a lot more informations on the english speaking forums...

I've bought the car today in Germany, it's in quite good condition inside and outside but it has some little mechanical problems to solve before to drive it.

I don't know yet if I will first use the car as a recce car or if I will directly transform it into a rally car.

The problems :

1 When I release the clutch the car shivers a lot (the central engine mount is broken but thats not the only reason). The clutch seems to need to also be replaced (disc not flat anymore ?)
    2 When idling, the car sometimes makes a "clic clic clic" noise, I think it comes from a fuel injector.
    3 When I release the clutch in first gear or reverse with the engine idling, it stalls very easily. It's impossible to move the car without giving throttle.

Any ideas or experiences ?

I also would like to know if there is a software and hardware to plug on the OBD2 to display the values given by the sensors to the ECU (MAP, water temp, air temp, fuel pressure, etc...) and read the error codes. Do you have some links ?

Many thx. guys !

It's probably got a few issues, but most likely it could do with a clean of the intake valves, as this is a common issue on most THP engines that have a few km on them.
    Regards,

Simon

2011 DS3 DSport (Sport Red with Onyx Black Roof).
    2014 208 GTi (Calado Blue).

Comment

Welcone Ragnar,

I had both a broken engine mount and a shattered clutch, and before it's death the car did shake a bit on take off. (My flywheel wasn't any good either).
      As with the software and hardware, I use Torque Pro app with and ELM327 Adapter for my 'in car/live' data. Torque Pro is very limited to Error Codes tho. You can use a simple OBD2-USB and a free software from eTuners called LionHeart to do a more deep diagnostics.

Cheers
      DS3 Racing | Matt Orange | eTuners Stage III+ | Wössner Forged Pistons | Bastuck De-Cat Exhaust | Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit | AEM Water/Methanol Injection | Motul 300V Competition Oil | Mahle Coated Bearings | Cylinder Head Porting | 100 Octane Juice

Comment

Is your car dead Albish ?
        sigpic

Comment

I already had this stall problem, and had to change 2 of 3 engine mounts. There is a big one in the right side of the engine(or left if your looking at it), one bellow the battery(on the other side, this one is hard to see), and one on the transmission(the lower mount). I replaced the two last and the stalling stopped. this clic noise in the injection system as far as i know can be normal for this car, its the vvt working. But a video with the car sound would help

I use Torque Pro to read the My ECU info.

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
            Is your car dead Albish ?
            Nope she's alive and kickin , it's just that been really busy with work (im an architect and people here tend to 'invest' before xmas) so didn't have much time to post.

Cheers
            DS3 Racing | Matt Orange | eTuners Stage III+ | Wössner Forged Pistons | Bastuck De-Cat Exhaust | Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit | AEM Water/Methanol Injection | Motul 300V Competition Oil | Mahle Coated Bearings | Cylinder Head Porting | 100 Octane Juice

Comment

Originally posted by albish View Post
              Nope she's alive and kickin , it's just that been really busy with work (im an architect and people here tend to 'invest' before xmas) so didn't have much time to post.

Cheers
              that's a relief

Comment

Flywheel?

Comment

Working...
                X