Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Posting on behalf of my good lady - to be new owner (perhaps)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting on behalf of my good lady - to be new owner (perhaps)

Hello all.
    Not currently an owner, but I've been speaking to my good lady about needing to swap her Saab 9-3 vert to something smaller.

Randomly walking through the supermarket car park and she points and "I like that!". It's a DS3 cab.

We've 30 mins to kill as we're visiting friends and theirs a main dealer nearby so we pop over and take a look. It turns out that she not only likes that it is one she'd consider swapping her Saab for.

So we get back home and I start doing the "what can I find out about a DS3 cab" search on the interweb and that's how I got here.

Not an owner yet and just looking at the moment, so will likely not post, but I'll be doing lots of lurking trying to find out as much as I can.

Best,
    Andy (and my good lady Nicky)

Welcome Andy

There's a few cabrio owners already on the forum. Let us know when you've got some decent question and we'll try our best to help.

Just try not to question anything regarding drinks storage and you'll get along fine with everybody
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
      Welcome Andy

There's a few cabrio owners already on the forum. Let us know when you've got some decent question and we'll try our best to help.

Just try not to question anything regarding drinks storage and you'll get along fine with everybody
      Excellent thank you and thanks for the heads up drinks storage options minefield........

Andy

Comment

Welcome!

I don't think there is too much difference between the two when it comes down to drive and kit.

From a non cab owner and having snooped lots at them, my only thing is the size of the boot access opening. Depends how much you would use it for larger items. Shopping etc would be fine.

But things like push chairs, golf clubs, holiday luggage, pets etc would be a pain to get in there.
        My DS3R3... nearly....
        New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
          But things like push chairs, golf clubs, holiday luggage, pets etc would be a pain to get in there.
          Luckily for us, we're long past the stage of it needing to carry push chairs and all the baggage you need to take just to get some milk...!!!!

We're lucky and it isn't our only car, but noted about about the size of the opening, will take a look. It looks a generous size boot though.

Got and appointment with the dealer tomorrow to take a look and see what deal can be done.

Might be a new owner by the close of play tomorrow (well the good lady might be).

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Angel Boy View Post
            Might be a new owner by the close of play tomorrow (well the good lady might be).

Andy
            Great news. Welcome to the club Andy and Mrs Andy. Post some pics when you pick it up. The car...not your Mrs!!
            DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Good luck today!!
              My DS3R3... nearly....
              New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Working...
              X