Proper Newbie amateur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proper Newbie amateur

Hey everyone, great to be here on this forum. I have been reading peoples comments and looking around since I bought my first DS3 last month.

I have a 1.6 VTi 16V DStyle 3d 120bhp but I am not technical at all!

The previous owner was a smoker so I've spent awhile trying to rid that smell and succeeding finally. I saw the Madcow link through the site and purchased some nice stuff through there.

Does anyone have the best advice for the next steps to improve its performance? Seen some comments saying cant do to much to the 120bhp version? I have had a quote for a remap and told can boost to 135bhp from 2 companies at £225 and £199.
    What about air filters and induction kits? Would be best to get one of these first and then have tuned?

Any comments are most helpful and loving the site!

Welcome! I'd say 135 is an ambitious claim from the companies. It would probably reach that with a less restrictive air filter, exhaust, and premium fuel. In any case, having a remap afterwards would maximise the gains, but you're unlikely to feel the difference of just a remap with nothing else.

Instead of trying to add power, have you thought of reducing weight? I keep trying to find the excuse to remove my rear seats but I'm still taking extra passengers occasionally. I also want lighter wheels but the ones I have my eye on are like £800!!

There's also "make it look cooler" mods, take a look at my work in progress thread for ideas
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Hello!

Yeah, I agree with Ben about the gains they think you will get. And definitely don't think they would get 15+ more HP's from just the remap?

If you wanted some more advice about what you could get you could give Jamie from SP Tuning a shout - I'm sure he will know what you could expect and as a trusted source/DS3 Owner etc his advice might prove helpful before you Spend £200+ for very little gains

My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Working...
      X