No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all,

I'm looking into buying a DS3 1.6 THP 155 DSport+ (more specifically this one http://www.availablecar.com/used-Cit...ort-3dr/272947)

Is there anything in particular i need to look out for as a red flag? I've test drove it and the drive was smooth and it had a surprising kick to it

Thanks in advance

Welcome!

Main points are:
    • Intake valve carbonisation, buildup becomes noticeable around 20-30k miles (so soon for this one). Reduces performance and can cause internal damage if a lump breaks off (extreme cases). Treatment is easy - a walnut blast at SPTuning which happens to be pretty close to you! Jamie there is a DS3 expert and is a brilliant choice if you want a remap too. Repeat the walnut blast every 20-25k miles and you'll be fine.
    • HPFP might possibly start dying and cause low fuel pressure error codes and limp mode
    • Cam alignment slips after about the same mileage as above - can be sorted for you by Jamie
    • Timing chain/belt/tensioner could play up in the future

Other than those, it's a great car! The 155 ironed out some of the creases that the 150 had I think, so it should be ok if you look after it well
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

And check exhaust bracket for corrosion

Comment

Thanks guys I appreciate your replies, sounds like I'll have to drop in and see the mysterious Jamie at some point, I'm going again tomorrow to view them assuming everything is hunky dory I'll be picking her up next Friday!

Comment

Best of luck!
          Join the Facebook Group!
          Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Welcome to the club. Nothing to add that Ben hasn't already posted (lots of good info). Looks good from the link, hope to see pics of it on here soon.
            DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

I swear I know more now about the THP than I do my own engine -_-
              Join the Facebook Group!
              Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Working...
              X