Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soon To Be DS3 Owner.. and a picture request!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soon To Be DS3 Owner.. and a picture request!

Hey all,

Tried and failed to buy a DS3 this weekend, but hopefully will pick one up soon.

Looking at a 1.6 THP Dsport, not 100% sure on the colour at the moment, but most probably red body with the black roof.

I did quite fancy something like this, but maybe it's a little too boy racer (had some funny looks when showed a few people!!)

I think the huge 'DS3' roof letters might be the 'too much' part. Unfortunately can't find any examples at the moment with something a touch more subtle, maybe just a small red/black checkered? Anybody got something similar?

Might try adding a few cosmetic mods, gloss red wrapped dashboard facia, and maybe a slightly darker rear window tint.

The hunt continues!

Hi there! You should go with whatever you want really, these cars are so customisable you could go a new look every season if you wanted!

As for the chequered roof, Albish has a personalised one

Edit: there are loads of different roof decals including plain chequers at http://street-race.org/catalog/203/ds3roofgraphics

And here is my own set of visual mods:
    Last edited by BenS; 06-03-2017, 07:28.
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

I like the Nissan Micra behind it!

Comment

Originally posted by jasonDS3 View Post
        I like the Nissan Micra behind it!
        OK... to each his own I guess.
        Originally posted by cyclone
        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
        Originally posted by Broda
        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

The configuration can give you some ideas from the Citroen web site

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
            The hunt continues!

How is the DS3 hunt going?
            My DS3R3... nearly....
            New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
              How is the DS3 hunt going?
              Very well, I'm officially an "owner" as of today!

Picked up an 1.6 THP (red body / black roof) today. 2011 plate, but just 23k miles on the clock.

Comment

Good stuff. How you liking it? Get some pics up when you get chance.
                DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Only have driven it home so far.

Nice car, I'm coming from an Alfa 147 1.9 diesel. The DS3 is quicker 0-60, but the Alfa certainly feels more reactive when sticking the foot down. Although with the Alfa it may well be a lot of noise really - the DS3 is very quiet in comparison.

I've only a couple of pictures from the advert at the moment.

Will see if I can sort it out, only major downside is some kind of fading / damage in a line down the middle of the roof. The previous owner put it down to not being able to reach the middle of the roof when washing/polishing. I'm not so sure, seems more like something abrasive to me as some scratches in it.

More pics to follow, and might get something done with the roof if I can decide.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ds3-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	360977

Click image for larger version

Name:	ds3-2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	360978

Comment

Looks good. I see the "Citroën" has been debadged from the boot already, which alot of us like too. Does the faded line run the entire length of the middle of the roof? Can't see it from those pics. You never know with a good clean and polish it may come out hardly noticeable.

Comment

You know what, hadn't even noticed the Citroen was missing!

Yeh the line runs the whole way, maybe 20-30 wide. Any ideas?

Did ask if it had been through automatic car wash, but apparently not.

Comment

Seems odd. Maybe an old sticker/decal that's been removed? Can't think of anything else that would cause a consistent mark like that all the way along the roof. As for the Citroën badge missing, looks better without it, so one less mod to do
                        Last edited by Funky; 19-03-2017, 15:25.

Comment

Working...
                        X