Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello, New To Ds3 and possibly the worst luck ever.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, New To Ds3 and possibly the worst luck ever.

Hey all,

It's kind of a hello but also a sad hello ?

I've been a lover of the Ds3 forever and i finally got myself a chance to purchase a 1.6 VTI DS3 StylePlus.

Lovely little car, purchased on Wednesday this week. So I've had the car two days.

Click image for larger version

Name:	17637006_10155327374667089_221052305231264874_o.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	368424

Sadly, while i was out in town today I've come back to the car park to find someone has swiped my front bumper.... and run off.. causing a crack and the LED to fall out of position.

Now i'm like is it safe to drive to a garage with a LED just loose in the bottom of the front bumper, my minds telling me no. The garage is 3.9 miles away. I managed to drive it home okay and the LED's are still all working.

The nasty crack however I can probably get it fixed but no idea how much a new bumper is going to cost me.

I've got 6 months warranty on the car but i'd rather not touch that after 2 days, it's so unfortunate.... I literally have the worst luck.

Name:	IMG_2215.JPG
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	368425

Name:	IMG_2209.JPG
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	368427
    Attached Files

Ughhhhhhhh!!! That sucks 😔 Is there any cctv you can get hold of?

Front bumper ob Ebay is around £150. Just need to wait for a yellow front with no damage.

Or upgrade for £450 to a new style front with all the kit....http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272579627473

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

I've asked for the CCTV and all I got is a we'll comb through it over the next few days.... not the greatest of news.

Will a new style front fit the 2011 model? Didn't think it would.

I take it there's no options for resprays ? Trying to do as much research as I can this weekend, before I have to take it to the Citroen Garage and just get them to do it. Though it'll probably be costly.

Comment

With the crack all the way through the bumper, I doubt it can be glued and resprayed as the structural strength is lost.

Could claim on insurance, but most of the cost will be excess. Try phoning around breakers yards to see if they've got any yellow DS3s without frontal damage.

New fronts are a direct fit on, as it's the same kit with a facelift.
        ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
        Join the Facebook Group!
        Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Yer figured with the crack it's going to be a nightmare,

Just so frustrating, got an email from the garage and they're asking if I can drive it in, i'm unsure due to the lamp just being loose in the bumper, I can't get to it at all to disconnect it.

Ah awesome! It's just when I put in the model / make on these new fronts it says not compatible ?

Comment

If you say that the leds are working, they are still plugged in and those clips are a pain sometime to unclip when your actually trying to get them off, I recently took my front bumper off so can speak from experience.

If that's the case and the loose led is still plugged in and working it won't fall off while driving, have a quick check under to make sure it's not hanging down but it's likely sitting inside the bumper anyway and won't fall out, just be careful when going over speed bumps and any pot holes so it's pinging about as little as possible.

As for the bumper compatibility I am not sure, I didn't think it fit but I haven't done any research, if it does, I'd be interested myself but if Ben says it does, he knows what he is talking about so probably is right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ouch that's bad can you not tape the light so it doesn't fall off, hope the cctv Locke something up and get them done swines.

Comment

Yeah BenS is right - you can retro fit the new facelift front on an older DS3. Someone had it done a few months back as an insurance job when he was crashed into. It cost him a little more on what he had to pay as it wasn't like for like. I will have a dig around to see if I can find it. It's on this forum somewhere.

As for getting your car to the garage, I reckon if you drive very carefully (it may be a slow precarious journey) you should get it there OK. It's crap that it's happened in the first place though.
                Last edited by Funky; 01-04-2017, 18:54.
                DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

So an update, no CCTV of the incident, I've had a look around the LED as much as I can, it's still all attache it looks like when the panels been pushed in the LED Bracket has cracked and split so it just popped the LED out.

I might be able to rig it in place with some Duct Tape, though I don't know if it will hold, the Garage is asking for £375 for the bumper / led bracket that's without spraying and labour.

Still scouring ebay for a yellow one though just in case.

Comment

I can find a few white ones in the old shape and 2 yellow ones in the new shape on fleabay. They are asking for £250 and £450 respectively.
                    DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                    X