Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got my DS3- the good and the bad

Just got my DS3 sport 1.6 Hdi. First day's ownership and

1) the car is a real headturner- just like my old scirocco (sigh)
    2) The MPG is promising- 50mpg so far
    3) The car is much better than the BMW 1 series clown car we got rid of because
    a) It is fun to drive
    b) You can't help but look at the car
    c) the dash is really nice and the car feels like a special place to be (whereas the BMW just felt boring and had a bad drink habit)

What's bad

1) The steering wheel is crap- really cheap plasticky silver- yuck
    2) The aux and power socket are in the wrong place ie by handbrake- how on earth can you use them there without cables everywhere
    3) The track select with an ipod is rubbish and it won't charge an iphone

Anyway overall getting to like the car- sport red, black roof, black wheels :-)

For full iPod/iPhone integration you need to get the iPod attachment accessory fitted

Comment

Originally posted by wheels View Post
      What's bad

1) The steering wheel is crap- really cheap plasticky silver- yuck - That's Aluminium Mate lol2) The aux and power socket are in the wrong place ie by handbrake- how on earth can you use them there without cables everywhere - I Manage Ok :L3) The track select with an ipod is rubbish and it won't charge an iphone - Mine Charges Fine ?...

Comment

Cheers- I love the wires everywhere look to my satnav, is it really aluminium, well well, and "Unable to charge from this source" must just be my iphone...

Comment

Just got my DS3 sport 1.6 Hdi. First day's ownership and

1) the car is a real headturner- just like my old scirocco (sigh)
          2) The MPG is promising- 50mpg so far
          3) The car is much better than the BMW 1 series clown car we got rid of because
          a) It is fun to drive
          b) You can't help but look at the car
          c) the dash is really nice and the car feels like a special place to be (whereas the BMW just felt boring and had a bad drink habit)

What's bad

1) The steering wheel is crap- really cheap plasticky silver- yuck
          2) The aux and power socket are in the wrong place ie by handbrake- how on earth can you use them there without cables everywhere
          3) The track select with an ipod is rubbish and it won't charge an iphone

I should be rockin then, mine has a leather steering wheel and I don't have an Ipod, ney bad points for me. Yay!
          June 2011 - Present: Citroen DS3 D Style+ 1.6 120 (11) 3dr - Belle Ile Blue/Onyx Black
          September 2009 - June 2011: Citroen C1 1.0 VTR (59) 3dr - Black
          March 2007 - September 2009: Citroen C1 1.0 Rhythm (07) 3dr - Sunshine Yellow
          June 2006 - March 2007: Citroen Saxo 1.1i SX (99) 3dr - Black

Comment

Originally posted by Noodle View Post
            I should be rockin then, mine has a leather steering wheel and I don't have an Ipod, ney bad points for me. Yay!
            Same for me too, no down points as I do not have any of the bad points in my, hopefully soon to arrive, DS!

Comment

I would rate it as one of the best cars I've owned and my list is: 1) Celica GT 2) Toyota Supra Twin Turbo 3) Civic Type-R 4) Audi TT 3.2 DSG 5) Edition 30 Golf GTi 6) Scirocco 2.0 GT in Candy white 7 with leather and sunroof 7) BMW 1 series 118d clown car worst car I've ever owned 8) Citroen DS3 1.g HDi in red and black

I'd place the Citroen on a par with the TT in terms of design. Not sure yet where I place it in terms of performance yet as still getting to know the car. It is a better car to drive than the beamer- that was simply horrendous. And after I hit a massive pothole and ripped the tyre on the scirocco the car was never the same and kept veering to the left.

Comment

is it really aluminium - Yep

and "Unable to charge from this source" must just be my iphone... - Have You Updated To The Latest Firmware ? I Think Your The 1st On Here To Say Your Phone Doesn't Charge ?...

Comment

Yes on latest firmware

Comment

Are you using the AUX socket or the USB to try and charge your iphone?
                    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                    Bigfeet's File Repository
                    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
                      "Unable to charge from this source"
                      USB I guess

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
                        LOL

Nobodys That Thick Biggie :L

Comment

This is what I'm getting at, we don't know which plug he is using as he wouldn't be the first person to have mixed up the two sockets as the OP refers to the AUX socket and not the USB.
                          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                          Bigfeet's File Repository
                          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

If it was AUX it wouldn't have come up "Unable to charge from this source"

I think the best thing you can do is have your car stereo firmware updated.

If that doesn't work.. just been browsing the internet and some people have used this to correct their iPhone/iPod not charging from their car.

Still wouldn't explain why your iPhone isn't charging while other peoples are though!
                            Last edited by x6411; 18-06-2011, 10:25.

Comment

I'm using USB obviously.

Comment

Working...
                              X