new guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new guy

hi people am looking to get a ds3 but which one i dont know which is the best to have and what mods can you do to them engine wise i have got a rx8 at the mo and its a great car to drive but it cost to much money to run

I've driven both the Diesel and Petrol engines and much preferred the Petrol purely due to the responsiveness and capacity for more horses .

In regards to fuel consumption and economy, I'm afraid I can't be much help at the moment as mine is still being built

I believe Gareth (Another forum member) has had some changes made to his ECU boosting the BHP upto ~200BHP, in regards to other mods I think it's fairly new territory as to what can be done yet considering the car was only released in february.

If you're looking for an even more sporty model than the DSport I'd suggest waiting for a few more months as the DS-R should hopefully be released soon.

As for which model is best, I suppose it's purely a matter of personal taste. I've opted for the DSport, mainly because of the carbon dash, engine and front lights. Pop into your dealer and arrange a test drive, I'm sure you'll be placing an order before you leave the showroom

Welcome to the forum!

DF
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Hehe, well either the petrol or the diesel will still give you better fuel consumption for your money than an RX8! If you're looking for MPG then the diesel is the way to go, wouldn't bother with the 99g one either for the extra cash it costs, it's pointless. Dunno if you've seen this, but you can essentially build your own here: The Configurator

...or you could wait for the DS-R!!

Comment

hi Dangerousfish do you have a pic of your car sound good what are you having done to it

Comment

Mine was ordered early last week, not gonna be with me for a short while yet

As Rob said, have a look at the online configurator. Hopefully that will help sway your decision
          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Hi - I opted for the diesel Dstyle for economy, but have to say that having test driven the petrol version i cant say there's much in it performance wise. Good luck with your choice

Comment

Working...
            X