Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hi Everyone

Just thought i would say hello, i joined a couple of weeks ago and been reading all your posts, ordered a DS3 Dsport plus in black on 11 june, got the usual email from linda jackson and then got the call on the 24 June that it had arrived at the dealers, pretty quick which i was pleased with, just picked it up on Thursday and absolutely love it. By far the best car i have ever had. Going to go for a day out today in it, to scarborough or bridlington, give it a good run.

Anyway bye for now.
    Clair

Well done Clair and welcome to the club

Comment

Welcomes

Comment

Hello!
        Polar white with black roof, black bellones - My Photies!!

Comment

Welcome
          Red / Black HDi 90 .............. If you see me give me a Toot

Comment

Welcome Claire

Comment

Hello and welcome.

Comment

Hey!!

Welcome!

Glad you are enjoying your new car!
                My DS3R3... nearly....
                New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Yeah, really enjoying the car, the trip to bridlington yesterday was fantastic, so comfy and was fun to drive, fantastic car, but you all prob know that :-)

Comment

Hi Clair,

Welcome! I have just ordered exactly the same car but in Sport Red, Linda sent me the email to say it is on its way!

Out of interest did you note the mpg you got your trip yesterday? Sounds like it was a decent run of a good few miles?

Regards,
                    Clive.
                    CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
                    DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Hi Clive

Yeah we did about 160 miles round trip and got 49mpg going 70mph on motorway, with the occasional putting the foot down and giving it some wellie to see what it was like :-) no doubt if you were to drive about 60mph and be more economical with gear changing etc it would have prob been a few more mpg but wheres the fun in that lol

Bet you are excited for your car, it was the longest wait i have ever had to experience, but well worth it when you fanally get it. Getting the Plus model i feel was worth it, the leather seats are really nice.

Clair

Comment

Thanks Clair - 49 mpg! Wow that's amazing! Even if you assume the computer is set 'generously' (all manufacturers do set them like that) then you probably got 45....(I do a comparison by filling the tank, then refillnig and seeing how much fuel I used for the total travelled).

Yes cant wait for the Sport Plus - just over three weeks ago I'd never heard of 'DS3' - I am a bit impulsive on my cars - not in an unsensible way, but I like loads of cars, but I have to Love the one I want - I've had itchy feet for a change for a while, but not seen anything that's really made me fall for a particular car (the Jag XF got close I must admit), but when I saw the DS3 it was love at first site - went to a dealer who happened to have the 'Plus' in the showroom (in black as it happended) and I proposed on the spot!

Shame you're not a little closer as when I'm one of my often obessive 'detailing' moments (well 'many hours') I could have done yours and mine alongside each other....if I'm allowed to give you any advice, as your is black, please don't use or let anyone use a sponge on it - a sponge will inflict muiltiple swirl marks (the tiny scratches you see in sunlight which always appear round due to the reflection of the light). Whilst you might think so what I dont see them normally, they do rob a car of depth of shine and reflection - and on dark colours the most! Happily advise you if you want...

Best Regards,
                        Clive.

Comment

Where abouts are you?

I know eaxactly what you mean, saw the car and it was wow i want that now lol

What do you suggest i use to clean the car? I would normally use a sponge but also use a shamy i aint got a clue really, any advice would be great, thanks.

Comment

Hi Clair,

I'm in Burton-On-Trent which is a little south of Derby.It's doable from you, just...

OK you need to use wool wash mitts, 2 buckets (one you rinse your mitt in every time before refilling with wash solution from the wash bucket), and dry using drying towels (chamois canalso trap fine bits of dirt and inflict swirls).

Take a look on www.detailingworld.co.uk (I trust I'm allowed to post that here). There's loads of guides, don't let the quantity of info overwhelm you - just look at the washing guides.
                            (I can also correct inflicted swirls in your car but this involves machine polishing and a lot of time)....

I am the same user name on that site. Like here you can view without having registered.

Any specific advice feel free to pm me.

Regards,
                            Clive.

Comment

Thanks Clive, i will have a look through it, dont want to hurt my new baby by using the wrong stuff :-)

Thanks
                              Clair

Comment

Working...
                              X