Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not an owner yet but seriously considering it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not an owner yet but seriously considering it.

Hi there,

Jason here and I am looking at getting the new DS3R. Seen it at Goodwood and could not stop drooling all over it hahahahaha. So I thought I would register here and say hi and get some feed back on the car and the brand as I have been a VAG supporter all my life. Currently run a SEAT IBIZA BOCANEGRA stage 2 with about 230BHP and 7 speed DSG. I hope to be convinced to make the move to French brand.

I'll be different and post in this thread . . . .

Do it!!

You've posted in the right place to have a look around at the R. Obvioulsy there are two sides to the story, buy an THP and spec it up, or have the exclusivity of the R. If Ihad the choice I'd go for the R.

Brand wise - I used to have a C3, and it was 'ok' that it was a citroen - but with the newer cars are looking really sharp. I love the drive of my DS3 (1.6vti) and most definitley the overall look. There have been a few suprised 'oh, its a Citroen!' comments, and everyone loves it. From friends to people at petrol stations. Love my French car - its not quite a French pocket rocket as there isn't really the speed there! But she's awesome
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Hi mate welcome along, your seat sounds like a little monster !

Everyone on here will try and convince you to get one, since we love the cars enough to go and get one, but the best way to convince yourself is to go a test drive. I know that isn't much in terms of advice, but I test drove a 1.4 HDi, and fell in love with it, and I'm getting the 1.6 dsport plus which has all the extra bits and bobs as well.

Trust me when you test drive the DS3r you will convince yourself, all round they are really special cars, looks, feel, power, and most of all differentiation of style. You won't believe the attention they draw, and everyone says that on here !

Comment

ha, my thoughts exactly - do it!
        the guy next door seen me pulling into the driveway yesterday and came over talking to me about it, didnt believe me it was a citroen at first! and the looks the car gets driving down the street - clearly citroen have done somthing right... i love my wee 5 day old baby....lol
        Polar white with black roof, black bellones - My Photies!!

Comment

Originally posted by Petewete View Post
          ha, my thoughts exactly - do it!
          the guy next door seen me pulling into the driveway yesterday and came over talking to me about it, didnt believe me it was a citroen at first! and the looks the car gets driving down the street - clearly citroen have done somthing right... i love my wee 5 day old baby....lol
          This is what I cannot wait for on Saturday morning when I get home if it's sunny and my neighbours are out

Honestly Jason if you want something with a good bit of power, but reasonably sensible for commuting, and a total head turner, the DS3 - especially the R - is a winner !

Comment

Originally posted by W17_BLK View Post
            This is what I cannot wait for on Saturday morning when I get home if it's sunny and my neighbours are out
            lol, brilliant, they must all be the same - my neighbour literally climbed through the hedges beside the car <<<<< to see it. his missus has a mini...booooo!!!
            Polar white with black roof, black bellones - My Photies!!

Comment

I am always getting people ask me about the car or people stopping to look at it and glances from other cars.. Sometimes I still get silly drivers concentrating more on looking at my car than the roads.. so some have almost swerved into me.. its the the kind of car I can jump into and drive with no make up as people always look!

I find my DS3 HDi 90 is nippy smooth and so cheap to run.. much nicer than my C2 VTS and I never thought I would say that.
              Red / Black HDi 90 .............. If you see me give me a Toot

Comment

What Are You Even Waiting For ? lol

Comment

LOL, thanks for the replies guys. I am going to chance a test drive on Saturday if I can get the dealer to let me into a DS3R. I am also pretty sure I will be convinced. Will reply once done and state my findings.

Comment

Working...
                  X