Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another caught in the web!

eyup everyone,
    just thought i,d join up having been a frequent visitor to this site for a few weeks. we bought a dsport 1.6hdi 3 weeks ago from a dealer in notts , brand spankin new from there stock .we just fell in love with the spec the dealer had in stock so we signed up there and then! we dint even drive it (ex lexus is 200 owner)
    having owned it for over 3 weeks now ,me and the missus just love it. the only slight quibble i've got is that co's it's black i've got to nob it up every saturday to keep it looking mint , but at least i can caress it as i clean it!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha, I hope you take it out for a drive every time you caress it. You'll be giving it the automotive equivelant of blue balls soon enough! xD

Welcome to the forum Ozzy.
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

i don't know if it's me but the air freshner dos'nt seem to be giving off any scent with or without the vents open
      i've checked that it's got one in it ,am i stupid or what or has the pipe come off behind the dash

Comment

Probably stating the obvious, but you know youve got to turn the air freshener to get the benefit? Failing that pull the cartridge out to make sure its full (and smells!). How to do it is in the manual but its very straight forward.

Welcome to the forum mate,

Rich.

Comment

when we collected the car i noticed that there wasn't any scent coming from the vents,so on further inspection there was'nt a cartridge in the thingymajig so i rang the dealer ,cheeky sod said it does'nt come with one!! i played merry hell having paid £15940 for our new smoker ,and he put us one in( nearly chinned him)lol
          iv'e just checked to see if it's full as you mentioned, it seems to be a spongy looking tube inside a tubular cartrige, i pulled out the sponge and pressed it ,it seems to have scent in it (mangue) printed on it's side but it does'nt smell very strong

Comment

Hi ozzy and welcome on board pal.
            Tell me did you purchase the car from bristol street nottm?
            If so what was your experience like as mine was woefull at best.

Car inself is great, i have dstyle 1.6 90bhp diesel.Bet yours is much better with six speed box and extra 20 bhp, ect, ect.

Comment

Ha, I got two cartridges with mine but to be honest, have turned it so it's not going through the vents at the minute, want to keep the new car smell for as long as my sweaty body allows it!

I'm the same, had my car just over three weeks and given it the full body wash and shine twice so far, I do a helluva lot of mileage and them bugs seemed to be so impressed with my car that they're just throwing themselves at it.

Comment

Hi Ozzy, mines just the same, very faint smell @ best. Got 2 off e-bay (sent as free samples when i enquired about sell-by date and fragrence) but no better than dealer supplied one. Do believe they have a sell by date and as not very popular and expensive (dealers quote not mine) this could be a reason for lack of pungent smells. As suggested else where i am going 2 experiment with soaking in fragrent oils.

Comment

Hi ozzy and welcome on board pal.
                  Tell me did you purchase the car from bristol street nottm?
                  If so what was your experience like as mine was woefull at best.

Car inself is great, i have dstyle 1.6 90bhp diesel.Bet yours is much better with six speed box and extra 20 bhp, ect, ect.[/QUOTE]

eyup there,
                  well having bought a new van 2 years ago from them i went back to have a nosey at the new ds3 while me van was in for a service. what a car!!! i thought to myself, so 3 days later i took the missus back to have a proper look. there in prime position in the showroom was a black dsport hdi diesel which just blew us away!!! and it was bang on the colour and spec we wanted apart from not having the leather option. anyway we signed up there and then without even driving it !
                  having had a right good look around it in the showroom i noticed it had a couple of minor fine scratches on the bonnet and rear quarter pannel so i mentioned this to liam the (novice) salesmen and insisted that it would be machine polished and mint upon collection so we went away happy!
                  when we collected the car it had been raining so they put a presentation cover over it!! once we signed all paperwork ,liam the novice salesman went with us to fill up with diesel as agreed as part of the deal,but while he went to pay i decided to have a proper look around the car, and to my astonishment the bodywork was full of swirl marks left from machine polishing...tossers!! they did'nt give it a final waxing to remove the swirls! not only that they forgot to fit the alluminium foot rest we orderd a day before!
                  so when liam returned i ripped into him for not giving the car a proper appraisal before handover!
                  after his grilling, we drove back to the garage to have the footrest fitted (free of labour) while we waited, and agreed to have the car collected the following day to be re-polished!,
                  once this was returned to us, i again looked around it with a fine toothed comb(ran out of trust)and yet again they failed to come up to the mark! this time i found a terrible etching mark about 9 inches square on the rear screen ,that must have been caused by some sort of acid/chemical spill. at first glance i thought it was just silicone spray that had run down the screen after some rough-arse valeting,but having tried to rub it out with my finger i realized this was'nt the case!
                  this time it's war!!!!!! i drove straight back to bristol street motors and demanded to see the general manager,( before i contacted citroen uk as a last resort)...........he actually agreed that the level of service was unacceptable and granted my wish to have these issues resolved ,and eventually they succeeded perfection at the third time of asking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  just to point out, i don't think it's much to ask to get a brand new car presented right upon delivery is it?..............especially in these hard times when money is tight and jobs are hard to hang on too !!!!!! think on you shirkers.
                  Last edited by OZZY; 13-07-2010, 22:40.

Comment

Spot on Ozzy, I wouldn't expect anything but the best for that sort of money!
                    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Hi Ozzy.
                      Sorry to say but i have a much worse tale to tell than this,i wont bore you with it all.
                      But what i will say is having owned a number of new cars this is by far the worst buying experience of my life.
                      I would never go back to these clowns again.
                      I have had three friends of mine interested in buying one.
                      I do not know which dealer to send them to as i would not like them to get this sort of service.

Funnily i delt with the same wet behind the ears sales boy.
                      Total and utter t#at.

I ordered my car on 15 of feb and was given april delivery i had no communication with liam only when i contacted him,his answer would be its being built it should be three weeks or so.

I eventually took delivery 25th of may.
                      Just a taster of his incompetence He promised to arrange for my private number plate to be transferred i have had to put it on retention as i was given only one weeks notice of car delivery which left me with no time to change plates.
                      I orded chome parts for my car included in price was fitting by dealer as stated on citroen web site, this was not done.
                      His excuse was that i would have to pay an extra cost,when i pointed it out that on there own website these parts were dealer fit and i had paid for such he said he would fit them himself! i have since done this personally.
                      Also he tried to charge me for metalic paint and asked for an extra four hundred pounds i explained i had white which was non metalic so what was i paying for?
                      His reply was for a black roof.luckily i had brochure which clearly stated this was a non cost option on my spec appaling!I was kept waiting two hrs while he fafft around to check.
                      Then another hour because he had lost paper work for my old car which i had taken to him four months previous.He stated that i haddent done this, what he forgot was i had asked him to photo copy these for me so had the proof.
                      So what was suppose to take little more than one hour took three,he just left me sitting there on my own,it was only when i told the salesmen at the next desk i was going to walk out did things get sorted.
                      And finally my 14 year old could of valeted the car to a higher standard than them it was a discrace but afterwhat was a three and half hour hand over id had enought so let this go.
                      Such as marks, scratches, missing trim,glove box not shutting correctly,carpet in footwell unfinished.
                      there are lots more issues but as i say i wont go into them id be here all night.The best of it is he had the nerve to ask me to give him a good report on the customer satifaction survey.lol

Just to conclude i love the car but the dealership is woefull truly, and i need to find another to take it to for service ect.

Cheers John.
                      ill give you a wave if i see you on the road im sure you be hard to miss as will i.:cool:

Comment

eyup john,
                        unbelievable experience for you,what a shame!! just to inform you john that i took my van in for its 3rd service and to be honest i'm under the impression that the service department are just as bad. reported a rattle during acceleration when i first bought it from new,and on each service they said they can't find ote wrong!
                        on the most recent service i mentioned it again and they replaced the catalytic converter shield,but guess what ,the noise is still there!!! chuffin chancers.
                        so in response to your thread , i too may be considering finding another citroen dealer ,possibly mansfield as i live in mapperley

Comment

Yea,
                          sounds like a good idea to me carnt possibly be any worse.
                          Any idea where they are located in mansfield?
                          im in rise park ,but work in calvo so not too far from mans.

By for now....

Comment

To date my experiences have been great at 2/3 dealers I went to:

Bolton - Sat around waiting for 10minutes after a sales rep would be with us in just a minute. Took my custom elsewhere after telling the sales rep I wasn't going to bother with them and was going to Bury instead.

Bury - Met and greeted at the door then told to take a seat at the sales reps desk if I needed any help. Did this, took the car for a test drive the next day with the full intention of purchasing the car the next day.

Got a call from a friend who works at a BMW dealership and knew the sales manager in Warrington so took a trip up there.

Warrington - Spoke to my friends friend and took the petrol model for a test drive and remained in love. Got back to the office, specc'd up the car I wanted and got handed to one of his employees to sign the paperwork and double check all the cars specifications making sure to note down absolutely everything on the order form.

Since then I've had a call at minimum of once a week from the sales rep Naomi to update me on the status and confirmation emails after each telephone conversation.

Impressed so far. I can only hope my experiences aren't as bad as the ones some of you have had
                            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Streuth! Sounds like all hell has been breaking loose for some of you's. I bought mine from the Stockton branch and it was an altogether good experience, not much communication from them, it was more a sit and wait and me call them for updates, but the salesman was very good and acted professionally throughout, knew his way around the car and seemed genuinely helpful when dealing with me as a customer and after the sale. So kudos to them lot up North here. And they say there's a north south divide eh!

Comment

Working...
                              X