Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Waiting Begins :)

Hey all.

Just ordered a DS3 White. Worked out cheaper than buying one i designed myself with extra's. Hopefully get a call tonight with a car theyve found then get a number plate number then have it by next week so the salesman reckons.

It's the 1.6 VTI 120 hp.

Traded in the trusty 107 pug. thought it was time to get back into a good car

Welcome! We got a DS3 White in the showroom at work...I was suprised how good it looked to be honest! Enjoy it...when it eventually turns up.

Comment

Thanks, Im just looking through everything in the book and on here and im looking at the picture of the key, it looks interesting, wondering how it works though as there doesnt seem to be a definate area the key comes out of.

Comment

Its like any other modern peugeot/citroen key really. Push the button on the top corner of the fob and WHAM!! Blade is out haha

Comment

Welcome!, sounds like you've done very well there managin to get one so quickly! What do they chuck in with the white?
          '10 DSport in Black/Carmen Red 'Daisy' - Traded back in
          '61 DSport+ in White/Black 'Poppy'
          'We do what we must, because we can.'
          Entropy... It's not what it used to be...

Comment

Ah the key sounds awesome,

With the White i get
            Chrome Door Mirrors
            White Dash
            White Gear Knob Cap
            LED Diodes
            Front Fog Lights
            A/C
            Interior Mood Lighting ( sounds like a bit of fun to me but ok)
            Dark tinted Rear Windows
            Scented Air Freshener ( interested about this as i want to see if i can put my own stuff in there to get my car smelling the way i want it too)
            Gear Efficiency Indicator ( no idea what that is )
            Cruise Control and Speed Limiter ( my favorite part, love Cruise Control on my dads car and always wanted it )
            Sport supspension
            Electric Adjustable door mirrors
            Front Electric Windows
            Roof Stripes
            17" Bellone' Black Diamond Tipped Wheels - With Black Centre Caps
            Polar white body
            Sirocco ' Akinen' Cloth and Mistral Alacantara
            Sculpted Front Seats.

That covers that, looking back at it now thats alot of stuff there :S. Writing that down i see just how much i got, That was all standard aswell no extra's. thinking i did ok.

Comment

Originally posted by HerbyDS3 View Post
              Its like any other modern peugeot/citroen key really. Push the button on the top corner of the fob and WHAM!! Blade is out haha
              Im liking the sound of the key, I like keys that fold away.

Comment

I can pick up my car on monday, only waited a week well impressed saw it today at the showroom getting its last check overs, looks amazing

Comment

Standard eh! From what I gather, they send out a few pre-spec'd ones to the busier dealers, so wouldn't exactly say standard, but it does sound mint. Wasn't overly keen on the idea of a white car, but I've seen two of these so far and they looked the balls, so sounds like you're onto a winner with that one.

Originally posted by Perry View Post
                  Gear Efficiency Indicator ( no idea what that is )
                  The 'GEI', simply tells you when to move up to the next gear on your right display readout mate, now't too exciting, but interesting enough if you like that kinda thing! Get some pics up, oh, and how much that set you back? Might be interesting to get a new thread up of all us owners with their spec and price, give newbies an idea. Just a thought though!

Comment

lol liking the not so standard, I saw it today and i was to excited, got to wait 3 days before i can get it though, oh well, it set mer back 14k, not to bad i suppose considering when i was trying to get it as a self built one it was going to cost more than that, then he showed me this one and it had all that stuff and more on it that i wanted so i thought why not.

Well the GEI sounds like a bit o fun i suppose for a little while, whether i listen to it or not is a different story.

Comment

The White Special Edition looks to be a very good package - you get the sports suspension and the grippy alcantara sports seats from the DSport, but at a keener price - a very good choice, Perry!

I'm not so keen on the Black SE. For me, black works best when combined with black wheels, which makes the car look like a little stealth bomber. For me, white wheels on a black car don't look right, but to each his/her own. Some people wouldn't be seen dead in a bright yellow car, but I love my DS3 to bits!!

Comment

Thanks gar074. I saw it today the other salesman took me out to the mechanics bay to show me it, couldnt get to close as it was 5 foot in the air but could see inside it as we managed to open the drivers door. Didnt realise i got part swede seats, makes it even better and plus got the Sports pedals too which i was unaware that i got as it didnt mention them anywhere. The black with silver wheels didnt work for me, White car and black alloys work so much better, still cant make my mind up on the white wheels would show way to much brake dust.

Im totally loving the yellow DS3. i was going to get one but was going to cost me to much with everything i wanted but still extremely happy with the white one, it seems to look good in any color.

I wasnt sure if that was alot as im not known for my haggling skills, lol. I just went with it as it seemed to have 90% of the choices list on it, Some extra bits i want, at some point ill get the arm rest put in there as im a lazy one and like to lean.

Comment

Sounds like you made a very sensible trade-off. To me, it makes sense to get 90% of what you want, without delay (and at a keen price, because the dealers have them in stock and want to shift them), rather than waiting 3 months for a bespoke build, and having to pay top whack for the privilege.

I bought my DSport as a low-mileage ex-demo. I got a healthy chunk off the list price, and avoided the 3-month wait. I've had a big smile on my face ever since - especially when tooling past a line of slow-moving traffic and imagining those left trailing in my dust saying "what the f*** was that?"!!

Comment

Thanks. I was really happy with the end result and seeing it today has mae me even happier, couldnt get pics though as it was up in the air, but looked awesome, seeing all the bits i didnt think i had was good fun too,

Sounds like you got a great deal aswell, Is yours the 1.6 150 bhp?

Comment

Yeah, that's kinda the downside of the custom built one, a lot pricier and there's stuff on yours that I don't have, but hey-ho, can't turn back the clock!

Agree with you on that one Gar, "I'm not so keen on the Black SE", same here, the white wheels on it look atrocious! Absolutely horrible, again, been very impressed with the white one's I've seen and I've got a mate who's ordered a white one so looking forward to seeing it up and close.

Nice one though Perry, you'll soon have you hands on an head-turner there. Make sure you drive with glasses on though, so you can keep an eye on all the turning heads from on-coming cars!

Comment

Working...
                              X