Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello --- Question is this a Midlife crisis

Hello all,
    I am dues to order my new car shortly through the Motoability scheme and am being drawn to the DS3 Dsport Plus. My question is to you all as I am reaching the number that comes after 49 this year. Am I going to look like an middle aged man having a crisis?

I do like the car for the one fact it is different and above all I like the way it looks.

Any thoughts good or bad welcome

Originally posted by Steve386 View Post
    Am I going to look like an middle aged man having a crisis?
    So what if you do? The only opinion that matters is yours! :cool:

Comment

Nope!

The DS3 can be made so much more of a personal drive and to suit an induvidual that it would be your car and what you like. I don't think there is a type of person that owns a DS3, just those with impeccable taste.

I've seen a middle aged man having a midlife crisis, the 2 MX5's and the SLK I could cope with. Its when my Dad got a soft top Jeep Wrangler and inline roller boots that it peaked. Thankfuly this was when he was living in California, so I didn't see it often. He does however leave the house most weekends in lycra to go out and his bike. He is currently bored at home having broken his elbow after whizzing through the bomb holes in the woods on his bike.

Get a DS3 - its a great car and you wont be disapointed
      My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

The first DS3 I ever delivered was to a 82 year old lady!
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Am I going to look like an middle aged man having a crisis?
          Why give a monkeys about what other people think?

I'm the wrong side of 50 and I went for a yellow & black DSport - I've not regretted it for an instant.

If you enjoy driving it and you can afford to treat yourself, go for it - and don't try & tone it down by going for one of those safe, discreet colours either - the brighter the better imho!
          Last edited by gar074; 08-08-2011, 09:04.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
            Its when my Dad got a soft top Jeep Wrangler and inline roller boots that it peaked.
            This made me laugh so much I choked on my cornflakes!

I spent an hour last night idly browsing Autotrader for a cheap 4x4 to get me through the snow this winter, having been snowed in twice last year, each time for several days.

I was thinking that a 10 year old soft-top Wrangler might be a good choice. You can even get one in yellow!

Think I'll pass on the roller boots though...
            Last edited by gar074; 08-08-2011, 09:05.

Comment

Thank to you all for your kind words...I think deep down I had already decided to go for the DS3....it will be the Dsport Plus and it has to be in bright yellow...

Thank you all

Comment

I'm the wrong side of 60 (no - the right side in my opinion!) and just had my DS3 re-mapped for more power!!!

Go for it!

Jimbob

Comment

I love it being part of my mid-life crisis. Thinking of a Merc SLK to sit alongside it. Love it, live it, etc, etc.....

Considered a boring Jag XF, lovely cars, but would have screamed 'middle aged businessman' yawn yawn yawn!....

Regards,
                  Clive.
                  CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
                  DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Thank to you all for your kind words...I think deep down I had already decided to go for the DS3....it will be the Dsport Plus and it has to be in bright yellow...

Thank you all
                    Great choice - good for you!

Come On You Yellows!!

(Sorry folks - got a bit carried away there - start of the football season & all that ...)
                    Last edited by gar074; 13-08-2011, 22:30.

Comment

I will be 50 next year, and will behaving a Sport Plus on the 1st Sept, go for it and enjoy.
                      Polar White DS Sport Plus 150 THP

Comment

Im 34, Car im getting is the first one ive ever bought, as I used a company car for 10 years so didnt need to buy my own. But im never gonna let age stop me buying something I like. Dont give a rats left tit what other people think.
                        2011 61 Plate, All Black DSport 150 THP, MyWay City Signature (SOLD)

2014 All Black DS5 DSport 200 THP

Comment

Thank you all
                          another 49er with a yellow!!!! hussar!!!!

Comment

I am 64 and I use my DS3 DSport to tow my Classic Racing motorbike, you think that you have a "Midlife Crisis" !!!

Comment

Remember this, rofl!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X