Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello All

Evening

Took a 90bhp HDI for a test drive last weekend, really nice car, good performance and good economy to boot! Looking to place an order for the 110hdi in the next month, yellow with black roof and with the signature package because the car has quite a big ass so i think i will need the parking sensors before i get use to the shape of the rear. anyone else got the 110 hdi, how have they found the drive and what mpg has it been giving back?

Matt

Hi Matt, welcome to the forum!

I just picked mine up today, the drive is fantastic. I've not done enough miles to give you a good estimate but I'm sure some of the others can offer more help.

Enjoy your stay,

DF
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Hi Matt, yellow with black roof is the way to go, imho. What wheels are you going for?

Comment

most likely the black ones as they contrast well with the yellow body i think

Comment

I have hdi 110 diesel .With very careful driving (not my usual style) I have managed over 70mpg . normal style 60+ boy racer style 50-60 hope this helpsClick image for larger version

Name:	mileage.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	352885

Comment

I think the first couple of weeks I will be in boy racer mode, glad to hear it still returns pretty good economy

Comment

eyup there,
              a warm welcome to you , we have a 110 dsport and to be honest it's difficult not to give it some welly whenever roads permit!!!
              most of the time my missus drives it to and from work in town traffic and it only manages 42mpg on average, but when i get in it and smash it it goes down to 37mpg so it would only be economical on long distance driving. i get similar mpg from my berlingo van around town aswell.
              if you do loads of miles you should benifit ,but we only bought our diesel because of the cheaper tax bracket and insurance costs and also the low mileage on it will help higher resale value when we swap it for another new un!

Comment

Originally posted by OZZY View Post
                eyup there,
                a warm welcome to you , we have a 110 dsport and to be honest it's difficult not to give it some welly whenever roads permit!!!
                most of the time my missus drives it to and from work in town traffic and it only manages 42mpg on average, but when i get in it and smash it it goes down to 37mpg so it would only be economical on long distance driving. i get similar mpg from my berlingo van around town aswell.
                if you do loads of miles you should benifit ,but we only bought our diesel because of the cheaper tax bracket and insurance costs and also the low mileage on it will help higher resale value when we swap it for another new un!
                Blimey! My petrol DSport is currently averaging 43mpg over the last 2k miles (mixed driving in town, twisty A & B roads, & some motorway). The worst I've seen is 36mpg, on a rapid cross-country trip of 100+ miles on twisty A roads, where my average speed was 57mph. Well pleased!

Comment

I can imagine, I've got a 2 litre diesel atm and the mid-range acceleration is to hard to resist when driving around in 3rd gear. My route to and from work is via the motorway now so I'm sure i will be able to make the most of the higher end mpgs.

Comment

You guys are putting me to shame! First week with the car and I'm averaging around 33MPG on the 1.6THP. Saying that, I have been driving like a bit of a loon.. xD
                    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Wolf, what was your 'test' speed for driving to get the 70's? I'm averaging about 63 mpg by the clock there and I'm doing 63mph at most on the motorway about 50 miles a day and then round some back roads and the like! That's DAMN good consumption though.

Comment

I posted pic earlier in this thread.282 miles trip said 78.3 mpg average speed 41 .When mpg was worked out after filling up worked out to actual mpg of 74.49 as computer not accurate.I keep a weekly log and worst mpg was 50.19.Over a 5 week period drove 1756 mile and average mpg was 60.17.So as stated earlier best about 70, boyracer style 50ish my usual driving 60ish .I took car back to dealerd to get computer set so it would read the right miles per gall but was told its only meant as a guide not actual mpg.

Comment

Working...
                        X