Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi....love my new car, but been plagued by problems, anyone else had similar probs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi....love my new car, but been plagued by problems, anyone else had similar probs?

Hi everyone

I took delivery of my new ds3 d style plus on 1st Dec. On the third i had engine fault warning come up, i arranged for Citroen to collect the car from home as i was going on holiday the following day. It turned out that the security pin had not been removed from the tensioner on the timing belt at the manufacturing stage (i had driven the car for 179 miles with this still in place)! i complained to Citroen who apologised and sent me a box of Hotel Chocolat. The following day i got another engine fault and took it straight back to citroen ||(479 miles on clock) who said the heat start blocks needed replaced and ordered the new part and said that the car could still be driven and it would not affect the performance. two days later i got another engine fault indicating a fault with the emissions. The car was due to be repaired the following day anyway. the car has now been repaired but they have had to order yet another part as one the cogs turning the timing belt tensioner is very slow to return. they have already replaced the belt as a precaution!

I love the car it's lovely to drive, but understandably i'm loosing confidence with all these faults... would be interested to hear from anyone who has also experienced problems.

Apologies for a negative first post!

i wont lie theres bin a few problems mainly with the THP petrol not many with the d style plus u`ll be glad to hear. all i can say is bear with it let them " fix" it and ull love the car more than ever when its working properly. Ive had issues and got to a point of rejecting the car but citroen got alot of stick and angry phone calls and hey presto its working all well and good so far so good luck

Comment

You're not the only one chelle.
      Consider yourself lucky that it's still drivable at the moment. A few of us have been without our cars for a month at a time whilst Citroen investigated the cause.

Set yourself an ideal. E.g if the car isn't completely fixed by the end of the month you'll be taking it back and expecting a full refund or a replacement car.
      Make sure Citroen are aware of this.

It may also help to escalate things early on by posting on citroens Facebook wall or by emailing cuk.

Best of luck
      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

+1

Comment

Originally posted by CHELLE72 View Post
          I took delivery of my new ds3 d style plus on 1st Dec. On the third i had engine fault warning come up, i arranged for Citroen to collect the car from home as i was going on holiday the following day. It turned out that the security pin had not been removed from the tensioner on the timing belt at the manufacturing stage (i had driven the car for 179 miles with this still in place)! i complained to Citroen who apologised and sent me a box of Hotel Chocolat. The following day i got another engine fault and took it straight back to citroen ||(479 miles on clock) who said the heat start blocks needed replaced and ordered the new part and said that the car could still be driven and it would not affect the performance. two days later i got another engine fault indicating a fault with the emissions.
          What Happened To The Holiday ? lol

Comment

Ha Ha i did get on holiday for a week.....i meant the day after my chocolates arrived! lol

Oh and i've taken advice and postedon Citroens facebook page. :-)

Comment

Mines 2 weeks old and first engine fault light came on after covering just 120miles. It stil comes on every mornin!!!!! door is leaking too! Haha. Iv had a Citroen c2 VTR and a C4 VTR+ both exactly the same! I think it's to do with leaving the cruise control active and not switching it off. Not been back to Citroen yet. Also my dash has a blemish in the paint work will make time to go citroen this week. It's French and will never be perfect. My C4 was "alive with technology" according to the advert. But non of that technology worked. I was back and forth to Citroen with it, when warranty ran out I gave up and accepted she ran fine but the engine management light was there to remind me she was French! Ha.

Comment

Working...
              X