Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hi all

I am picking up a 2014 Dstyle vti plus on Wednesday, had to get another car after someone drove into the side of my Alfa Mito 105 and wrote it off, I got a decent payout from their insurance company (after a bit of shouting-remember the offer has to be a figure that you can reasonably be expected to replace your car for and defiantly not a trade figure), which basically meant that for a car I bought in January and did ten thousand miles in I lost £350.00. Oh and a eight week old pair of Dunlop sports blue response tyres.

But enough of the passed now to look forwards, it is yellow with a black roof (wanted the Mito in yellow but they are rare and at the time it was a flip between the DS3 and the Mito ), 20k on the clock and from the main dealer that originally supplied it on PCP, so full service history. It is currently getting it's 60k?/3year service and then an MOT, so should be good to go in five days.

Looks like a great forum looking forwards to finding out lots of stuff I should have known before I took the plung.

Welcome Sorry to hear about the Mito, but you've made a good choice and in a great colour! The VTi engine is very reliable and can definitely shift when you want it to. Only thing to look out for with this engine is the thermostat, but with a 2014 model this shouldn't be a problem - it was the earlier ones that had the more fault-prone thermostat design.

Hope you don't have any issues, but if you do then there's always someone who can answer it here. If you're on facebook too, you should join the group there.
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Welcome!
      LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

Welcome, check the exhaust brackets as these tend to rust on all DS3 models.

Comment

Thanks guys, I will take a look at the exhaust brackets, what was the problem with the thermostat?

Comment

You'll notice if it's going wrong. It will stick at low temp even when engine is warm, or start halfway up on a cold engine, or drop sharply and suddenly while driving. Basically anything that looks really out of the ordinary.
            ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
            Join the Facebook Group!
            Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Welcome to the world of the DS3. Hope you enjoy it as much as the rest of us. Yellow and black look really good and stand out from the crowd. We would all like to see a pic when you get chance.
              DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Welcome
                Current: DS 3 Performance, Perla Nera Black with Sparkly Purple roof
                Previous: DS3 DStyle 120 VTi, Perla Nera Black with Fuchsia roof

Comment

Hello!! Keep us posted on how you find it and take lots of pics!!
                  My DS3R3... nearly....
                  New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Working...
                  X