Am I a numpty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I a numpty?

I've just bought a DS3 DSport. (61 plate) Very nice and a tad flashy with suede leather seats, a purple roof and matching mirrors. Impressed with everything, but............should the mirrors fold in on their own? The car wasn't originally fitted with reversing sensors - I treated it to a set as I often find I need to park where there's only extra room for a single fag paper. The little button to adjust the mirrors will slide side-to-side but doesn't seem to depress or move backwards. Any advice would be gratefully received. Many thanks for reading.

Welcome!

I believe only the '+' models (DStyle+/DSport+) have folding mirrors. If the slider only goes side to side and you can't rock the switch towards you, then you don't have them.
    Current: DS 3 Performance, Perla Nera Black with Sparkly Purple roof
    Previous: DS3 DStyle 120 VTi, Perla Nera Black with Fuchsia roof

Comment

Hi,
      Thank you so much. I thought it was me being stupid.
      Here's another question..... What's the general opinion about the lack of spare wheel? My last puncture was 18 months ago and it took the side of the tyre out - no amount of 'magic goo' would have sorted that. Do people buy a spare wheel or drive with their fingers crossed?

Comment

Drive with fingers crossed, eye on the road to spot holes and a road assistance that is included on my insurance...

Comment

It's always a worry isn't it? I bought one for my first DS3 in 2012 and never used it, it was still being sold on quite recently I think

My current car doesn't have one, but does have the goo and complimentary AA recovery. So, at present I am hoping I remain lucky and don't need one.....
          sigpic

Comment

Thank you. I'd managed about 50k miles in last car before the tyre blew. I always buy the AA/A.N.Other recovery - it's included with this car, so I might be a tightwad and not buy a spare wheel. I'm impressed with the boot capacity and am feeling the urge to shop!

Comment

There's breakdown cover for a reason in my opinion. I had a tyre go, torn from tread to rim, was no way the goo would fix that. Was late at night too so probably would have had no luck getting a spare on if I had one as it was too dark to see anything except a sad floppy wrecked tyre.

I have the rear seats permanently flipped down in mine and it's like having your own minivan! Great boot space on a seemingly small car.
              ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
              Join the Facebook Group!
              Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Working...
              X