New User - Wheel nuts/locking key problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New User - Wheel nuts/locking key problem

Help. I went to a tyre/MOT place to have a slow puncture repaired. When they were trying to remove the last bolt via air gun it snapped. the top of the bolt is stuck in my locking key and wont come out and the rest of the bolt is stuck in the wheel. they have a sign up saying they take no responsibility for it. They also said the bolt was too tight but it wasn't as a torque wrench was used previously. What do I do?

I'd like to see their sign actually stand up in a court of law. They have clearly damaged your car.

you never take off locking wheel nuts with an airgun. it has to be done manually with a wrench. The PSA (Citroen / Peugeot) wheel nuts are made of cheese! they also implode when too much force is used on them

you will need to get either the AA out (if you have cover) or get a local garage to remove it. if you have the money, go see a solicitor and take that cowboy Tyre place to a small clams court. they should have Business insurance which pays out for issues like this.

good luck.
    Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Working...
    X