Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil OK

Hi all,

DS3’s running absolutely fine but I have a question that may seem quite stupid.

When I turn on the ignition, before it displays my trip meter and shows how many miles I have done there is a brief display showing “800 miles, Oil OK”. The value has decreased which is why I am asking, what does this mean?

Thanks in advance.

Hi McIsaac - The Oil OK is the indicator telling you just that, that the Oil level is OK. The decreasing miles that you are getting is the number of miles you have to your next scheduled service. When those miles are getting quite low, you will get a little spanner pop up too. Get it booked in
    DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Thank you! So after it’s been in for a service will the spanner disappear and mile counter reset to a larger number?

Comment

Yeah the mechanic (or technician - whatever they like to be called these days) will reset it, so the spanner will disappear and the reducing miles counter will only pop up when it's below a certain number of miles til the next service (I think it's under 1000, but not totally sure on that). So both will disappear completely when it's been reset for you.
        DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

That’s brilliant, thanks for the info and reply.

Comment

would recommend checking the oil level every week, on flat ground
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
            X