Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie please say hi

Hi

I hope to be purchasing a ds3 soon still in two minds weather diesel or petrol the psa diesel engine I know quite well and is capable of big power, I am building an extreme 1.6tdci in a fiesta to over 300hp already had the engine at 230hp, here is my thread  https://passionford.com/forum/restor...i-project.html

Sorry I can't give you much advice on whether to go petrol or diesel but I guess many will say its down to personal preference.

Nevertheless, Welcome to the DS3Club!

Comment

Hi TDCI38 (Snappy username- guess your 38yrs old )

If you are used to power go for the THP or possibly Performance petrol DS3's. I had 2 THPs, although you cant neglect them as they can start flinging up fault codes (Timing chain and HPFP are favourites) but they are great fun

The diesels (Which I have now) are a bit more lardy whatever anyone says, and yes they can be remapped (As mine will be next year) but they will never feel like a THP- Ive driven pretty much all DS3 engine types.

Your choice- good luck
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Hi

Purchased myself a Petrol ds3 Dsport came with a  performance exhaust, picking up an intercooler and induction kit and  going to see Jamie on Saturday for a walnut blast and remap, building a track car with the 1.6 diesel engine so I went back to petrol power.

Comment

Say hi to James for me- Ive still got the earplugs. LOL.
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
          X