Hello all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all

I'm hoping that'll I join the DS3 owners of the UK soon. I ordered my thorium grey/carmen red, diesel dSport just over 3 weeks ago from Bristol Street in Leicester. I can't wait. Trading in my Audi A2, which after 10 years has had it's day.

Will

Welcome
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Hi there!!

Comment

From an Audi to a Citroen eh, be sure to give us a good comparison when you get it fella. And velcome to zee clab.

Comment

Hi Bryan! Welcome to the forum!
          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
            Hi Bryan! Welcome to the forum!
            It's Will. Bryan is my surname :-) It happens all the time.

Thanks for all the welcome messages.

Will

Comment

Lol, sorry Will.

Don't make the same mistake and call me Fish :P
              cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Welcomes !

Comment

Welcome aboard, Will. What delivery date have they given you?

Comment

'Expected early November' is where I started, hoping to get something more specific soon.

2CV fan? In Suffolk? You don't happen to know the Waldron family?

Comment

Don't think so, unless they're the people that ran the 2CV repair business in Wortham, near Diss?

Comment

Harumph! Chased the garage today to see if there is any sign of my DS3 being manufacturered. Apparently not. Apparently the production line won't be reconfigured for diesel dSports until there are enough ordered to justify the switch over. I thought everybody built cars these days 'just in time' and every car off the line could be different from the last one. Could you all nip down your dealers and order a diesel dSport for yourselves to pad out the waiting list.

Comment

Originally posted by wbryan View Post
                          Harumph! Chased the garage today to see if there is any sign of my DS3 being manufacturered. Apparently not. Apparently the production line won't be reconfigured for diesel dSports until there are enough ordered to justify the switch over. I thought everybody built cars these days 'just in time' and every car off the line could be different from the last one. Could you all nip down your dealers and order a diesel dSport for yourselves to pad out the waiting list.
                          Hmmm.... I smell SHITE!!

The way the production line works is your order goes on allocation at the factory in a production queue, all cars orders are listed with a build month. Although it only takes 8 hours to build a DS3 the production queue is normally 2/3 months long. It doesn't matter what DS3 are being built as the computer system runs codes to the robots which tells them if it's a diesel or petrol being made.

Sounds like to me that they took your order they misread the supply bulletin and gave you the wrong production month. It's when other dealers do this and don't admit a mistake which gives the rest of us a bad name.

The supply bulletin for the end of august has DS3 on October production which means that you should see your motor in Novemeber.

And breathe! *rant over*

Comment

Thanks for the info Bigfeet76. As with most purchasing experiences, the customer just wants to understand the process and so far I haven't. Although delivery was expected in November, I've never been told "You're car is set for manufacture in October." and "It typically takes 4 weeks to arrive afterwards". Looks like I'll have to MOT the Audi for November 1st.

Comment

Originally posted by wbryan View Post
                              Thanks for the info Bigfeet76. As with most purchasing experiences, the customer just wants to understand the process and so far I haven't. Although delivery was expected in November, I've never been told "You're car is set for manufacture in October." and "It typically takes 4 weeks to arrive afterwards". Looks like I'll have to MOT the Audi for November 1st.
                              My pleasure mate!

Mention to your dealer about the MOT and see if they will give you a car if you hand over the Audi early (this is what i do) as your Audi is most likey underwritten to a trader who would much prefer to have your car now rather then later. At least it would save you £50!

Comment

Working...
                              X