2015 DS3 Cabrio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 DS3 Cabrio

Hi guys, due to unfortunate events (skidding on mud and writing off my Corsa) I had to purchase a new car and eventually found the car for me, a 2015 DSport Cabrio 1.6 THP [165]. Loving the car atm, big jump up in power from my 1.2 n/a Corsa haha and loving being able to drop the roof in sunny Cornwall, did a few simple mods to my last car so already started looking at some for this one, on the subject... anyone got a definitive answer whether the MTC induction kit fits the 165 seen some people say yes some people say it causes issues? Anyway here she is...

Hi DStormtrooper,

Welcome to the forum! I have a THP 155, which is the predecessor to your 165. I believe the difference between the two engines is that the 165 has variable valve lift technology, which makes it marginally better in pretty much every area.

I have the MTC induction kit on mine and despite people saying it doesn't fit, i had no issue getting mine in place and not had any problems in the 4 months its been installed. As to whether it would cause problems on a 165 i couldn't say with any certainty. I wouldn't have thought so, but it's your decision to make. Hopefully someone has some first hand experience they can share.

Here is mine installed (the supplied filter is admittedly a tight fit, and people question whether it's oiled or not, mine isn't and doesn't need to be).

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181208_083434.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	208.2 KB
ID:	399743Click image for larger version

Name:	20181208_083441.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	185.0 KB
ID:	399744

Comment

Hi and welcome to the club and forum DStormtrooper. Cracking looking cabrio. Make sure you keep the roof rails well lubricated, as if that fails it is very very expensive to sort. Did you get a full warranty from the dealership? If so, just make sure that it covers that to be safe.
      DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Thanks for the info Massi93 , might just bite the bullet and go for it then and if it causes issues try and send it back or sell it on. Hi Funky it came with 2 years warranty from a Citroen/ds automobiles main dealer so would hope they'd be covered under the warranty, I did make sure they cleaned and maintained them before I picked the car up as well though and so far been smooth

Comment

* 1 year warranty not 2, dunno why i said 2 haha,but Funky i have on your recommendation just emailed about my warranty to make sure it's all covered

Comment

It should be, with a dealership warranty. I was surprised when you'd said a 2 year warranty at first and was a bit jealous. Anyway enjoy it, which I'm sure you will.
            DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Welcome Stormtrooper
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
              X